aquaman

New Bulid: From The Ground Up, Anyone Done This?

aqauman

keep us posted on the build post pictures so we can check it out

good luck on the build

keep us posted and post pictures so we can check it out

buggies started in a garage home built hot rods :rtd::rtd::rtd:

Hello everyone, I'm new to this board, so be forgiving. I've been checking-out all the tech stuff on the LT BUGGIES. Great stuff, I've learned a lot. I want to build a LT, frame and all, but I'll need a lot of tech support from you guys. I have a sandsprite, with an 1835 stroker, and I WANT A V-8 LT. Anybody here built their own frame? I just hate paying 4 grand for a frame, when I beleive I can do it myself. Plus the shipping would kill me. I would love to know ( and see ) how a good do-it -yourselfer would start on a frame. If I'm stepping on toes ( builders) let me know, and I'll quit (posting) IMMEDIATELY..... Its not my intention to piss-off anyone, I just want a Long Travel V8, that I can build myself. I'm from Kentucky...LOL..yes I'm a hillbilly (what the #&*# does a hillbilly want with our LT's) I want one bad. I'll have one!!! Sorry for my long post, I'll get better. Thanks guys......Aquaman

My suggestions are the following....use a northstar for a v8 just smooth reliable horse power for a long travel. however if you keep your weight down you might have a fast funny car with a 4. Long travel ask every manufactor how they figure thier geometry and be shocked that no one has a good answer. My answer is have another do geometry for you that spent millions on it. Alot of cars that have 18 inches of travel bind the shock as it travels up really giving 8 to 12. The motorcycle industry has solved this problem twenty years ago with rocker link suspension. Best suspension geometry comes on a Honda cr 500 ...keep your x y and z to same ratio's for same geometry. Always remember lighter the better

Thats a good looking car youve built. How long did it take and are you happy with the suspension performance?

It took about 6months to build no paint and chrome. One season then tear down for paint and chrome. Watch the vid below. Works great!

Dan_Jumping_Olds.wmv

haha....thats the EXACT same path up the hill and down the hill I took when I went end over end 5x!

So how did the story end?😁

So how did the story end?😁

Dude awesome searching through the forums and coming up with a 5 year old post started 10 years ago. Love it but it is true what happened?

Best read I have found Soo far, I am sure I can rebuild my front end the right way now

and still doing research, tired of searching, I should just start cutting