BBQ Smoking Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

Smoked Tri tip, veggies and bacon wrapped scallops drizzled with a apricot jam horseradish dipping sauce.  GOOD GAWD IT WAS GOOD!! image.thumb.jpeg.6b22bdaaf20a553f49214f44b9c04958.jpeg

I’d hit it!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

Smoked Tri tip, veggies and bacon wrapped scallops drizzled with a apricot jam horseradish dipping sauce.  GOOD GAWD IT WAS GOOD!! image.thumb.jpeg.6b22bdaaf20a553f49214f44b9c04958.jpeg

That tritip is perfect!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Split a brisket last night, flat is brining for the next 3 weeks to make pastrami, I am smoking the point today for burnt ends, I will put up a pic later if I remember :), I use my smoker 2-3 times a week and I just forget to take pics most of the time.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:21 PM, CampfiresNbrews said:

Picked up my new Smoker today and made some chicken and veggies. Char Griller Gravity from Lowe’s. Pretty impressive for a charcoal/wood grill. Super easy. Looking forward to some cooks now. 

25C79611-A09E-4557-8968-5F814B894671.jpeg

7B714EF5-980E-471D-ABAB-E5A2A42BE56A.jpeg

7D46CB38-8B3D-4CAF-A8BE-48ACE8FBF7EB.jpeg

I have a friend that loved this all the way up to the rubber flap by the heat box started folding up.  He found a forum where others had similar issues and did a fan and controller mod and it is back in the line up.  You may want to look into it.

6 hours ago, Blackdmax said:

I have a friend that loved this all the way up to the rubber flap by the heat box started folding up.  He found a forum where others had similar issues and did a fan and controller mod and it is back in the line up.  You may want to look into it.

Thanks for the heads up. I did read reviews where the flapper would get messed up. But sounded like it was due to people adding wood chunks into the ash bin near the flapper side. Guess it would flame up and curl up/deform the flapper??? Anyways,  I always add wood chunks away from the flapper or into the charcoal hopper and haven’t had any issues. I’ve been keeping an eye on it though so far so good. 

• Like 1

I just bought one of these. I haven't used it yet but I looks pretty cool.

https://smokedaddyinc.com/product/the-heavy-d-stick-burning-heat-diffuser/

They also sell charcoal pellets to add to your wood and a bunch of other cool accessories. I prefer the stick burner way more than the pellet grill but I only have a pellet right now while we are living in the motorhome

13 hours ago, punkur67 said:

I just bought one of these. I haven't used it yet but I looks pretty cool.

https://smokedaddyinc.com/product/the-heavy-d-stick-burning-heat-diffuser/

They also sell charcoal pellets to add to your wood and a bunch of other cool accessories. I prefer the stick burner way more than the pellet grill but I only have a pellet right now while we are living in the motorhome

Interesting, so it straddles the burn pot? 

9 hours ago, matt86m said:

Yes, It replaces the heat diffuser and straddles the burn pot. My diffuser and drip pan were warped to chit so I bought both from them. They say the wood lasts 2-3 hours but at least you get to put some good smoke on right away. There's a video in the link I posted.

I'm also really interested in their charcoal pellets. I love the taste of charcoal bbq and it would be cool to get that from the pellet grill. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, matt86m said:

They also have these that I'm interested in

https://smokedaddyinc.com/product/big-kahuna-cold-smoke-generator/?attribute_green-egg-adapter=No

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...