DUNE

How To Register Your Bike, Buggy Or Golf Cart

To get your 70 reg. you first must go to the DMV and start your paper work. They will want you to show all recites, fill out a "Application for title" (form 343), a "Statement of Construction" (form 5036) and any bill of sale plus you get to pay your fee's. This starts the process.

Then they will give you your paper work back plus a form 124 which you must take to the CHP and get an appointment for Vin verification of the frame. Now you get to wait a month before you can go back to CHP with the bike and have them sign off the ( form 124). With this done you can now go back to DMV and get your Green Sticker.

That is the process. plthumbsdown.gif

NOTE: If there is an amnesty day at the dunes I would wait to register your toys then. It take about an hour if you get there early and no BS to deal with...

Would this be the procedure to register the Chinese 110 camp bike I bought new with just a bill of sale? Do I even have to register that thing?

I'm sure if we have to register the little ATC70's then the 110cc bike will need it to and don't forget the whip also if you go to the dunes with it...

All motorized vehicles must be registered if operated and/or transported in the State of California. The "pit bike" may be a real pain to register as most don't have a Manufacture Statement of Origin (“MSO”) nor the correct Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) for purposes of registration in California.

while on the amnesty subject. Can I register a open trailer at amnesty day?

I think you can register anything at a amnesty day...

why do we need to have DMV they suck 25brdflick.gif

I did the CHP route yesterday morning here in El Cajon. I made the appt 2 weeks ago. They could have seen me in 1 weeks time, but we were out of town. It was painless, In and out in 20 minutes. I'll drop by the poway DMV today and complete the process. Their lines are short.

45 minutes today ..argh..but got the sticker.

Edited by sandratt

On a new frame or chassis, are you assigned a vin # from dmv? or are you suppossed to come in with some sort of reciept or bill of sale that states what the vin is? also anyone know any dates on upcoming amnesty days? Thanks

I am going through a liscensing service, they send you the paperwork, fill it out with a check (amount depending on how much tax you have already paid with receipts in car stuff). they send it to DMV, make an appointment for the CHP so a vin plate gets installed, and done.

My paperwork is at the DMV now, should be hearing back from them soon.

To get your 70 reg. you first must go to the DMV and start your paper work. They will want you to show all recites, fill out a "Application for title" (form 343), a "Statement of Construction" (form 5036) and any bill of sale plus you get to pay your fee's. This starts the process.

Then they will give you your paper work back plus a form 124 which you must take to the CHP and get an appointment for Vin verification of the frame. Now you get to wait a month before you can go back to CHP with the bike and have them sign off the ( form 124). With this done you can now go back to DMV and get your Green Sticker.

That is the process. plthumbsdown.gif 

NOTE: If there is an amnesty day at the dunes I would wait to register your toys then. It take about an hour if you get there early and no BS to deal with...

1074739[/snapback]

WOW

Sounds like a real pain

Maybe you should call

Lisa's Mobile Registration Service

619-571-8333

to help you with that

you will need a VIN Verification if the

vehicle is not titled in California.

what Do I have to do for my golf cart that I bought from my friend.

25bangin.gif

25bangin.gif

1236554[/snapback]

Green Sticker?

No problem

Plates?

Golf Carts need a VIN Verification, by VIN verfier, DMV, or CHP,

Know that if this is going to operate on public streets that you need insurance, operated by licenced driver, no nights even if you have lights.

lisasmobileregservice@msn.com

(619) 571-8333

25bangin.gif

1236554[/snapback]

Green Sticker?

No problem

Plates?

Golf Carts need a VIN Verification, by VIN verfier, DMV, or CHP,

Know that if this is going to operate on public streets that you need insurance, operated by licenced driver, no nights even if you have lights.

lisasmobileregservice@msn.com

(619) 571-8333

1240059[/snapback]

1dude.gif the ranger told me if the golf cart has a vin # it needs registration &green sticker if no vin# nothing is needed most golf carts have serial # whats the deal how much is that is crap

Went to register the Yami 60 yesterday. It had not been registered in 10 years. I started at AAA but they told me they don't do off road vehicles. So off to Poway DMV with only a signed title in hand, and the three wheeler in the back of my truck. After waiting in line for an hour, I finally go see the clerk. It moved along quickly from there. One of the DMV guys came out with me to the truck and verified the VIN and the engine serial number. As a matter of fact, he couldn't read the engine number at first because there was some dirt stuck on it. I handed him a rag and the guy spent a couple of minutes cleaning it so he could read the number. We go back inside, I pay $33.00 and sign papers, and they give me a green sticker. Done!

Summary:

1. Make appointment at the DMV

2. Have vehicle with you

3. Have all your paper work (title, bill of sale, etc. If it's filled out it will go more quickly)

4. Have check, cash, or money order (no credit cards)

5. Make sure engine and VIN numbers are readable (I don't think all of the DMV clerks will clean the numbers for you)

6. Be courteous (DMV has as much power as the IRS)

i bought my 250r about 10 yrs ago, the guy i bought from gave me the title and everything for the bike, but i never registered it. ( young &stupid high school kid) since then i have lost the title to the bike as well as the bill of sale. how do i, if any go about registering this bike. i would really like to be 100% legal. any helpl would be appreciatted.

All motorized vehicles must be registered if operated and/or transported in the State of California. The "pit bike" may be a real pain to register as most don't have a Manufacture Statement of Origin (“MSO”) nor the correct Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) for purposes of registration in California.

What about no-operation? You only have to register the vehicle if any of the wheels are touching the pavement on a street or highway. Your thoughts Phantom?

when is the next amnesty day. i would show up fo sho

I read through this thread hoping it would answer my question but it didn't. How do I go about registering a quad in AZ if it's bought used in CA? I'm going through that process now and wanted to know what steps to take and what the rules and regs. are for AZ. What will I need from the seller to show DMV or whoever ( bill of sale, title, etc.)?