Sign in to follow this  
KingGlamis

You're a hard core duner if ...

Finish the sentance with your own ideas. I'll start.

You're a hard core duner if ...

You get an invite from a friend saying that there will be a full moon at Mother G on August 4th, "how about a night ride?," and you really, really want to go... in the middle of August, in the heat... drive all the way to visit Mother G, dune all night, and then drive home. Or maybe even sleep with the AC on all day and dune two nights in a row. user posted image

Doug

user posted image

[This message has been edited by KingGlamis (edited 07-06-2001).]

...for your wedding, you be registering at your local motorcycle dealership. For your honeymoon, you be headin to Mother Glamis for a nine day trip.....in your tux and weddin dress. user posted image

your ride cost more than anything else you own!

BEER ME!!!

user posted image

When same friend says "how 'bout a night ride" you ask your husband about going and then say in the same breath- I'M going whether or not you do! user posted image

Less than 2 weeks to get the rail runnin'...

Julie

Speaking of rails running...

You know you're a hard core duner when said machine takes all your $$$$, breaks down constantly, takes some MORE of your $$$$, but still-STILL!!-you keep feeding it more and more cuz it's your ticket to paradise!

Some day I will look back and laugh... user posted image

Julie

When you leave for G at midnight from O.C.and get there at 4:00AM drive a rail for 25 minuites to see if you like it and then load it up and get home in time to go to work!!! The best part about this is I have done it two times...

Speed freek- YOU are a hard core duner! user posted image

Julie

......WHEN GLAMISDUNES.COM IS YOUR HOME PAGE!!

You would've won the lottery last saturday, an used all your millions to buy glamis and use the closure sticks to have the biggest bonfire you've ever seen.

------------------

AMIGOS SO. CAL.

you know your a hard core duner when you miss glamis so much that you take the sound out from under the seats of your truck and sprinkle it in your beer!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out here Doug, nights have been great.You don't even need a buggy you can use my vw car. I'll be back from Idaho in 2 weeks, so get off your hard drive and come drive hard. Stay here if you want.R.J.

I'll take ya up on that one R.J. When you get back from Idaho I'm there buddy. Also, August 4th is a full moon, sounds like the perfect night ride to me. Cya buddy.

Doug

I remember glamis in Aug. 120 degrees in the day, and 85 at night. and your the only ones there. night rides are awesome, T-shirts and shorts at 3am.

You're a hard-core duner if...

You get married at Glamis, then spend a week each summer in G all alone for the night rides (til kids), and ride during and in-between pregnancies, and your home choice depends on proximity to Glamis!

when sand is still falling out of your shoes weeks after your last glamis trip and you gather it up and show everyone at work with a big grin on your face.

When you fart and your buddies and you try to figure out if it sounds more like, a banshee, buggy or dirtbike.

When you turn your head so fast you get whip-lash just because you heard some old hippie's vw with a bad exhaust leak go by.

[This message has been edited by Motoholics (edited 07-05-2001).]

Here's the Oregon version... You know you're a hardcore duner when you go to the dunes in January when it's 40 degrees out and raining so hard that the sand is bouncing of the ground high enough that it looks like ground fog and you cant go faster than 10 mph because the raindrops almost knock you off the bike

When you have spent every moment awake for the last 3 months trying to do something to get the dunes back!!!! user posted image

When you invited all you crazies to my house for a party

Kennie

I gotta hand it to Kennie, that's pretty hard core. user posted image

Doug

When you possibly blow a head gasket and possibly warp the head in your duneVan and all you can think is "Damn, that's gonna slow me down from getting my buggy engine!"

and "heck, maybe it'll hold"

Vor

------------------

May the Dune Gods Smile Upon You

ShiftingDunes.com

hey I resemble that remark hahah

quote:

Originally posted by Kennie:

When you invited all you crazies to my house for a party

Kennie

Your name is Slappy. user posted image

OOHHHH you be gettin that right KG, Mother Glamis and Slapp be havin an affair, and lovin every minute of it user posted image. Hey, wasn't dat a song at one time?...lovin every minute of it....boom boom tap..... Slappy feelin da shake comin on. Just thinkin about it makes Slappy wanna dance...

HMMM, hardcore be when you goin down 78 and your buddy don't pull over to let you go #1, so instead you open da door and....NOOOOO user posted image, Slappy wouldn't do dat, it was...it was...da car in front of Slapp...yeah, dat was it....UH OH, Slappy gone......

So thats what that was. My windshield wipers haven't been the same since. Thanks Slap for the cleaning. Hardcore: Travel 22Hrs in a 69 Chevy P.U. with no heat, holes in the floorbed, by yourself, 3-layers of clothing on, ear muffs, with no radio. The ride home is the saddest feeling in the world. Saying Goodbye to Mother G is opening the flood gates to my tears. Can't wait to cry again. Peace