chEFFs Dream Home Build

ChEFF

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations I bet you’re feeling on TOP of the world. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Moderator

We need more pics Bro

• Thanks 1

• Forum Moderator
On 5/28/2021 at 2:08 PM, Bobalos said:

that is awesome.  How long a drive would it be to the dunes in OK?

Bob

22 hr drive! Sleep all you want. 22hrs behind the wheel. Unless you drive 100mph. Peace

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator
On 5/28/2021 at 2:42 PM, Fullthrottleguy said:

Thats fantastic  - congrats!  Are you up by the lake or down by the airport.   its nice town

The property is right by the lake. Back of the property is Core Property. Awesome piece of land. Peace

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator

We've been playing in the dirt for quite some time. Renting equipment to dig the pond. Got tired of renting and not owning the machinery. . That's why we bought the Kubota's. Da chEFF prefers to own his stuff. Leasing / renting has never been my thing. The horses loved us cutting down the trees. Peace

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator

We had a well put in. Drilled to 380ft. Drinking water is at 1100ft. This water is very high in Iron. Will be using the well to fill the pond and irrigate the back of the property. Peace

IMG_2427.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

• Forum Moderator

Every Spring the Mississippi Kite Falcons show up. They're beautiful birds. "FAST" dudes. The Hawks disappear when they arrive. Peace

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

• Forum Moderator

We're building the Golf Green. Taking all the dirt from the pond and raising the green. Should become a beautiful back drop to the property. Peace

Build Green.JPG

IMG_2518.JPG

Let me guess you have been blowing out the trailer and emptying shoes into one corner of the property to build your own dune? 

Keep it up and your never going to leave home.

Congrats to you and your beautiful bride on building your dreams! Hopefully J and I won't be far behind 😉 

• Forum Moderator

We cut down this huge tree. Called it the BEE TREE. Inside the tree was a large bee hive. One day they (bees) were gone. Luckily before the tree fell on the house next door. Some of you were there to smell that wood. It got burnt in Wash 22. Peace

IMG_2762.JPG

IMG_2763.JPG

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator

We built a waterfall. Filled the pond. Bought a pump and had some fun for a few years. The horses loved the water. Filled the pond with some fish from Grapevine Lake. Had to take them back to the lake when we decided to build a BIGGER pond. Everything is bigger in Texas! Peace

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3128.JPG

IMG_3144.JPG

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator

This is the back of the property. This little stream / river feeds Lake Grapevine. Very peaceful place to contemplate life. Peace 

Back of property.JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ChEFF said:

This is the back of the property. This little stream / river feeds Lake Grapevine. Very peaceful place to contemplate life. Peace 

Back of property.JPG

Paradise Found!!!!!

• Forum Moderator

One of the things we've learned about building a home.......Weather has everything to do with it. Can't work in mud!

We had a break from rain and was able to get the form boards in, dig 69 piers @ 12" diameter / 10' deep. Poured concrete in piers the same day. Waited another week before we could dig the beams. Now waiting on the sun to come out to install plumbing before we pour the foundation. NOTE: The soil test did NOT call for piers to be dug/installed. The builder insisted! He calls it "HOMEOWNER INSURANCE". I'm a firm believer in a solid foundation. Plus, the extra money spent is good money spent! Lord knows I've thrown money out the window in the past. Haven't we all? (I DON'T KNOW WHY PHOTO's COMING OUT SIDEWAYS??!! ) Anyone smarter than me please help right the ship. Peace

Home Build .jpg

Home Build1.jpg

Home Build2.jpg

Home Build3.jpg

Home Build5.jpg

Home Build6.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Today we're going to pick out our Windows. The back faces to the west. It's ALL glass. Peace

• Forum Moderator
16 minutes ago, ROBERT L said:

934ABA21-B19D-4D59-B449-E2F8BD990CCE.jpeg

2C0C957D-8310-4F32-984F-7960D9E29AB5.jpeg

BF498E43-7446-4C8C-A415-E56033CABB99.jpeg

BF4BC5F6-2ED7-44A1-A86D-6ED55FDF91FE.jpeg

E118D5E4-C7A4-4CD1-BC32-C048E5F0737D.jpeg

96CBEC25-E6C6-488C-80E4-F020781FFD42.jpeg

Thank You Sir Robert! Peace

• Like 2

Amazing wat you can do outside of California. There is no way you could move all that dirt here. Congratulations! I see a GD.com Texas party happening soon. 

• Like 2

Just an FYI....Don't wait until you're framed up to order windows and doors. Most manufacturers are 2 months out minimum. 

• Forum Moderator

Love the Pics

I have seen the property in person and its nice. Can't wait to see it done and make sure I get the mints on the pillow when Stacey and I stay.