Jump to content

Who’s into to fishing?


Justgetnby
 Share

Recommended Posts

Any other fisherman in here?

I typically do cold freshwater for trout and Kokanee salmon, but live minutes away from an warm water lake.

Hit some bass and this pig of a tiger Muskie this morning!

Also a couple pics of my setup and some Kokanee and lake trout we caught last weekend.

let’s see your setups and what you favorite fish are to catch!

 

4EEF04F4-5585-4FF3-92E7-5886C350C12B.jpeg

AE51D27C-D671-48DB-95A2-0DA236A96127.jpeg

FCED401F-ABD9-48D6-AD78-4B2859FE9E60.jpeg

8D07B802-93DC-48DA-8538-0B815A608D7F.jpeg

7F3A822E-BE62-4020-9D00-C892278EBAE8.jpeg

6D34E028-16C6-440E-8D62-FC7DEF8561E3.jpeg

947BAEBF-1124-458E-8284-A056D0AE6B5F.jpeg

989D3352-B8D1-4CDA-A3F5-FA9E8D8F8995.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mostly trout fishing with some ocean stuff dabbled in. Took a trip up to the Sierras a few weeks ago. Didn’t catch much but it’s better than sitting at home. Have got an Alaska lodge trip planned for July of 2022.

A4C594D6-852B-41CF-B517-D17BE1B79666.thumb.jpeg.fe278cdfbf3a5c88e4b528a795bf63c9.jpeg28E9CE50-AFB4-41DB-B009-28C698E0D98B.thumb.jpeg.a97315450c882e8e74b077e6a7b12b55.jpeg4FE46065-EF4C-4C04-8534-29B11AB6C85C.thumb.jpeg.4fb84410cfc8c0191357bca7b62cc27c.jpegDAE35E5B-67F7-46A8-95C5-7A41B20FA9D3.thumb.jpeg.55ae61beee39c2f3b29b3b2296a2f263.jpegE4FEEFC8-8915-4E50-BB39-6E5793D25D49.thumb.jpeg.a5e01ebaf1c0916b50446b161dc75001.jpeg60FF2B38-989A-4805-A310-01AC8E8F4CE7.thumb.jpeg.49b8f938c6693fe75f2433cc14b376ac.jpeg

5BCCA5AA-47C0-4E46-B434-1A5BB0139EE5.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BRANDON LONG said:

Always enjoy fishing! Great family time and always an adventure. 

1315FA62-48C8-44F0-8F98-D431A60E69E3.jpeg

D3AB5A93-8D9F-4495-BFF1-CBFAF4C74833.jpeg

F1FF3151-51D3-4BB8-AB9C-13E9A15D4910.jpeg

Beautiful boat and family!

Mostly ocean fishing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I pretty much exclusively fish saltwater/ocean and 99% is in Alaska where I keep my boat. Here’s the set-up and some pics:

 

9A2962CC-582B-48E3-8F93-DE19E5F8AA53.jpeg

65096FB2-5049-4B94-BC1B-B324649C0C20.jpeg

1D479546-C1DD-4823-B3C5-3B195A90BA43.jpeg

DCF2E2B3-FDE0-481E-A4A9-908097C1FB3D.jpeg

1B68B2AC-5FC0-4EF9-990F-64F672A2D6E0.jpeg

A599AC8E-2E7F-4AC3-AE18-F084E0143640.jpeg

F0A04F54-EFF8-4C5B-BC64-458A2CB74027.jpeg

BE5CD1B4-7F7B-4D92-96EC-479C322FF636.jpeg

58FB5FD5-806C-4E27-8B8B-3EE19C33A3BF.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wapawekka said:

Mostly trout fishing with some ocean stuff dabbled in. Took a trip up to the Sierras a few weeks ago. Didn’t catch much but it’s better than sitting at home. Have got an Alaska lodge trip planned for July of 2022.

A4C594D6-852B-41CF-B517-D17BE1B79666.thumb.jpeg.fe278cdfbf3a5c88e4b528a795bf63c9.jpeg28E9CE50-AFB4-41DB-B009-28C698E0D98B.thumb.jpeg.a97315450c882e8e74b077e6a7b12b55.jpeg4FE46065-EF4C-4C04-8534-29B11AB6C85C.thumb.jpeg.4fb84410cfc8c0191357bca7b62cc27c.jpegDAE35E5B-67F7-46A8-95C5-7A41B20FA9D3.thumb.jpeg.55ae61beee39c2f3b29b3b2296a2f263.jpegE4FEEFC8-8915-4E50-BB39-6E5793D25D49.thumb.jpeg.a5e01ebaf1c0916b50446b161dc75001.jpeg60FF2B38-989A-4805-A310-01AC8E8F4CE7.thumb.jpeg.49b8f938c6693fe75f2433cc14b376ac.jpeg

5BCCA5AA-47C0-4E46-B434-1A5BB0139EE5.jpeg

Where you going in Alaska? Just curious. I’m in Alaska currently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Justgetnby said:

Looks nice! I’d love to fish both the ocean and Alaska one day!

I might know a guy 😃😃👍👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dockmaster said:

I might know a guy 😃😃👍👍

Incredible setup! Do you run a charter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fish are gross, but I don't hate fishing. Getting "back" into it a little bit recently. Hitting Bass Pro for some crank bait this week! haha

 

Best time Ive ever had fishing was in Alaska. The salmon run for a few days and then halibut in the ocean - so cool. Had family on Kodiak for a few years and got spoiled with that....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dockmaster said:

Where you going in Alaska? Just curious. I’m in Alaska currently.

Waters Edge Lodge in Elfin Cove. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Justgetnby said:

Incredible setup! Do you run a charter?

No I don’t do charters. Just family, friends and business development. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, wapawekka said:

Waters Edge Lodge in Elfin Cove. 

That’s a nice area. I’m not familiar with that lodge but anything along the outer west and north coasts is usually great fishing. I go to Waterfall resort every August which is on Prince of Wales and we almost always limit on Coho and King each day. The halibut fishing is not that great though and the crazy reverse slot thing when your on a charter is a PITA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't fish often any more, but used to....

Mostly stream trout
Kern River all the way up to Peppermint creek
Bridgeport area

Went to Alaska a couple years back at "Aleknagik Island Lodge" you fly into Dillingham (Agolawalk river, wood river, Snake river) was really fun for what we did. I won two of the derby prizes largest silver salmon (technically a green jack salmon) and rainbow trout. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Justgetnby said:

Beautiful boat and family!

Mostly ocean fishing?

Thank you! Yes mostly ocean fishing and exploring. Kids love searching for dolphins & seals too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kids and I love to go trout fishing at the local lakes. I enjoy fishing late nights at the Oceanside pier also.

IMG_20210516_094233673_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201227_080122579_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200118_072651571_HDR.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator
One morning a husband returns to the cabin after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.
Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out, since it is such a beautiful day. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book.
Along comes a Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says," Good morning, Ma'am, what are you doing"?
"Reading a book," she replies, (thinking, "Isn't that obvious"?)
"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," he informs her.
"I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing, I'm reading."
"Yes, but you have all the equipment. I'll have to write you up a ticket."
"For reading a book"? she replies.
"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," he informs her again.
"But officer, I'm not fishing, I'm reading."
"Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to write you up a ticket and you'll have to pay a fine."
"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.
"But I haven't even touched you," says the Game Warden.
"That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment."
"Have a nice day ma'am," and he immediately departed.
MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.
Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece!!
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a lease on a sand bottom river for catching catfish.  Very secluded and quiet.  Cooking over the fire, heated outdoor shower, float trips and lots of good friends!.  The biggest catfish in this picture was 25#.  

memorial weekend.jpg

SAM_0763.JPG

2013 powder coat 040.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dune-Track-N said:

I don't fish often any more, but used to....

Mostly stream trout
Kern River all the way up to Peppermint creek
Bridgeport area

Went to Alaska a couple years back at "Aleknagik Island Lodge" you fly into Dillingham (Agolawalk river, wood river, Snake river) was really fun for what we did. I won two of the derby prizes largest silver salmon (technically a green jack salmon) and rainbow trout. 

I mostly quit for years as well. Then my boy got old enough to enjoy it and I jumped back in. Sure enjoy the relaxing nature of it nowadays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BRANDON LONG said:

Thank you! Yes mostly ocean fishing and exploring. Kids love searching for dolphins & seals too. 

Sounds like a great time! Looks like a center console?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 2turbofords said:

Kids and I love to go trout fishing at the local lakes. I enjoy fishing late nights at the Oceanside pier also.

IMG_20210516_094233673_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201227_080122579_HDR.jpg

 

Looks nice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Budlight69 said:

We have a lease on a sand bottom river for catching catfish.  Very secluded and quiet.  Cooking over the fire, heated outdoor shower, float trips and lots of good friends!.  The biggest catfish in this picture was 25#.  

memorial weekend.jpg

SAM_0763.JPG

2013 powder coat 040.jpg

Damn that’s some cats!! When I was a boy we did a lot of cat fishing. I can’t say I’ve caught a good one in over 30 years…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Justgetnby said:

Sounds like a great time! Looks like a center console?

Yes its a center console!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy