Chummin

Isco.. Passes And......

Pulled in Thursday and went to the Ranger station like I always do to buy my pass for the umteenth time. Again - CLOSED. Lots of people - but no rangers..

Continued on to camp in Wash 22.

Didnt see a ranger all weekend.

On the way out sunday - they were inside their very NEW motorhome. I stopped and bought my pass finally. I was REQUIRED to fill out the information.. Not wanting to argue about it I filled in my typical bogus information but left the phone number blank. The lady told me to fill it in and I explained that I dont understand why they need my number. She asked me if I wanted the pass or not. 321.gif So I put in my normal 867-5309... I asked why the requirement and she said it was incase it got lost or stolen. I said "I thought thats what the receipt was for". She handed me the pass and the receipt and said thats correct. blink.gif

1. Thought they didnt require the info.

2. While they were inside the motorhome staying warm, nobody was checking any vehicels for passes. I could have just driven on and kept my 90 bucks.

3. Dumpster divers were tearing it up right behind them. Those effers are causing huge amounts of trash and if the damn cops dont do anything about it - the problems will continue.

4. My pass does not have the RFID in it. Someone please tell me the point of the RFID again???

That is so easy - they needed to spend more money so someone said hey lets make half the passes with rfids in them!

1. Thought they didnt require the info.

They don't and cannot legally withhold the pass if you don't give it to them. PLEASE tell me you got her name.

2. While they were inside the motorhome staying warm, nobody was checking any vehicels for passes. I could have just driven on and kept my 90 bucks.

I'm hoping the reason for this is because they cannot legally detain people who are leaving while they check for parking passes.

3. Dumpster divers were tearing it up right behind them. Those effers are causing huge amounts of trash and if the damn cops dont do anything about it - the problems will continue.

They do have the authority to stop that... but I'm sure the response will be that the "Pass Enforcement Team" was concentrating on Pass Enforcement. Of course, that doesn't excuse the lack of BLM rangers who should have been manning the dumpsters. I mean, after all... won't the dunes close if they allow the litter?

4. My pass does not have the RFID in it. Someone please tell me the point of the RFID again???

Are we guessing? My guess would be "because it's an [expensive] and attractive, shiney new option."

Vicki

We need pictures of them sitting on their collective asses while someone nearby is breaking the law (littering) and they are doing nothing about it.

Nothing is going to get them involved short of a lawsuit...

WHY should we even attempt to be compliant with ANYTHING if they are not going to follow through with their own programs and responsibilities...

It is quite apparent that neither the BLM or the ICSO has ANY interest in the ISDRA whatsoever... only the $ that can be generated out of it. ...can anyone make a valid argument against that statement and tell me why I should care? (other than the old "they'll close it down...") bs.gif

eff the whole lot of'm 25brdflick.gif

Vicki,

Not sure if her name is on the receipt - will have to check.

Should be easy to find out though - One man and one woman in that motorhome sunday morning at 9am.

Hozay,

that is the reason for this post. Im frustrated also. We can only scratch their backs and support them so long without anything in return. The trust is gone in my book.

A new motorhome?

WTF is that?

I thought they were in a budget crisis...

I would love to see a capitol investment list to see just exactly what they've bought in the last 4 years.

A new motorhome?

WTF is that?

I thought they were in a budget crisis...

I would love to see a capitol investment list to see just exactly what they've bought in the last 4 years.

1318473[/snapback]

Could be asset seizure as well and the budget should be available to the public.

Every single asset requires a line item in the O & M budget.

That means that regardless of how they aquired it, just having it will cost us money!!!

Could this be the new trailer and not a full coach? The trailer was donated by Weekend Warrier but had been loaned out to LA for hurricane recovery efforts so wasn't available at the begining of the season.

Also was it a BLM or ICSO motorhome/trailer/whatever. BLM is in a budget crunch and not getting their grants or other funding. ICSO on the other hand has been getting grants since they're more than willing to do whatever it takes for a buck even if it isn't beneficial to the people they're supposed to be representing.

We want certain enforcement , but then we dont want other enforcement. No trash, ok beer bottles, ect. You cant have it all.

Could this be the new trailer and not a full coach?  The trailer was donated by Weekend Warrier but had been loaned out to LA for hurricane recovery efforts so wasn't available at the begining of the season.

Also was it a BLM or ICSO motorhome/trailer/whatever.  BLM is in a budget crunch and not getting their grants or other funding.  ICSO on the other hand has been getting grants since they're more than willing to do whatever it takes for a buck even if it isn't beneficial to the people they're supposed to be representing.

1319325[/snapback]

Jason,

ISCO and Motorhome. The coach was painted with all their logos on it.

Sandratt - I dont understand what your saying? This is strictly to do with them doing what their jobs entail.

Sales of passes.

Enforcement of passes.

Trash enforcement.

The above 3 "lately" seem to be hand in hand.

With people getting litter tickets around the camp fire (bottles or not) - the dumpsrter divers get free pass to dive and create a mess.

Pass sales - do they need the info or not?

Pass enforcement - Standing out there or going through camps making sure peeps have thier passes. This is my 7th trip since Holloween and my first opportunity to buy a pass.

Heres my story.

I called 800-278-0165 and bought a pass on 10-26-05.

The officer who answered the phone only known as # 328.

Didnt want to take my information down and asked me to goto the ranger station to get a pass.

I insisted he take my order and fax me a copy of the receipt.

As of today,I have yet to have my pass sent to me. I have faxed my receipt no les than 3 times ,called at least 10 and have talked with a officer Bravo at least 5 times. And to top it off everytime I go the same ranger checks my receipt and then tells me my receipt for some reason known only to him ?Is not going to be valid anymore and to get a pass.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

Could this be the new trailer and not a full coach?  The trailer was donated by Weekend Warrier but had been loaned out to LA for hurricane recovery efforts so wasn't available at the begining of the season.

Also was it a BLM or ICSO motorhome/trailer/whatever.  BLM is in a budget crunch and not getting their grants or other funding.  ICSO on the other hand has been getting grants since they're more than willing to do whatever it takes for a buck even if it isn't beneficial to the people they're supposed to be representing.

1319325[/snapback]

Jason,

Sandratt - I dont understand what your saying? This is strictly to do with them doing what their jobs entail.

Sales of passes.

Enforcement of passes.

Trash enforcement.

With people getting litter tickets around the camp fire (bottles or not) - the dumpsrter divers get free pass to dive and create a mess.

Pass enforcement - Standing out there or going through camps making sure peeps have thier passes. This is my 7th trip since Holloween and my first opportunity to buy a pass.

1320444[/snapback]

I just dont see the big deal if they have your name or not. I dont care. If they want to know who is an off roader, they can pull DMV files. I filled out the form.

I dont want to be stopped leaving to see if I have a pass either. Enforce it another way.

We (as a whole) want trash enforcement, yet if they write a ticket, people are mad. I dont agree with all the 100% enforcement, and that is where its going/been. I see this is wanted, but that is not. If they are answering to the public demands for enforcement, then everybody is gonna get a cite for something. We all violate something out there.

When I go, just leave me the F alone IMO.

In the big picture of police work, trash enforcement is not a real high priority. I am sure that is the case out there regardless of what is being said. I would rather see the cops / blm / rangers, ect recover some stolen buggys, quads, ect and keep the peace by having a visual presence.

1319325[/snapback]

Jason,

Sales of passes.

Enforcement of passes.

Trash enforcement.

1320444[/snapback]

I just dont see the big deal if they have your name or not. I dont care. If they want to know who is an off roader, they can pull DMV files. I filled out the form.

I dont want to be stopped leaving to see if I have a pass either. Enforce it another way.

We (as a whole) want trash enforcement, yet if they write a ticket, people are mad. I dont agree with all the 100% enforcement, and that is where its going/been. I see this is wanted, but that is not. If they are answering to the public demands for enforcement, then everybody is gonna get a cite for something. We all violate something out there.

In the big picture of police work, trash enforcement is not a real high priority. I am sure that is the case out there regardless of what is being said. I would rather see the cops / blm / rangers, ect recover some stolen buggys, quads, ect and keep the peace by having a visual presence.

1320593[/snapback]

Exactly how I feel. My personal bitch is about ALL the attention regarding trash and passes leading in to this season. So far its been a joke at best with the Rangers and ISCO. With a task force set up ONLY for pass enforcement - Im failing to see any success in it.

With all this BS prior to the season starting regarding the UDG, BLM, and ISCO - I have yet to see any performance worthy of the lip service they handed us. Id rather have the machines back with parking attendants and let the ISCO and BLM do what they should truely be doing like finding thieves, curbing violence, and saving lives.

1319325[/snapback]

Jason,

Sales of passes.

Enforcement of passes.

Trash enforcement.

1320444[/snapback]

1320593[/snapback]

Exactly how I feel. My personal bitch is about ALL the attention regarding trash and passes leading in to this season. So far its been a joke at best with the Rangers and ISCO. With a task force set up ONLY for pass enforcement - Im failing to see any success in it.

With all this BS prior to the season starting regarding the UDG, BLM, and ISCO - I have yet to see any performance worthy of the lip service they handed us. Id rather have the machines back with parking attendants and let the ISCO and BLM do what they should truely be doing like finding thieves, curbing violence, and saving lives.

1320626[/snapback]

aite.................... thumb.gif

We'll see how NY goes......

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

This would be a definite "Charlie Foxtrot" icon_biggrin.gif

This would be a definite "Charlie Foxtrot" icon_biggrin.gif

1320747[/snapback]

It sure has been! blink.gif

Vicki

1320593[/snapback]

OK.

Since they NEVER recover stolen trailers, quads, bikes, buggies or anything for that matter, would it be asking too much to get some trash enforcement?

1320593[/snapback]

OK.

Since they NEVER recover stolen trailers, quads, bikes, buggies or anything for that matter, would it be asking too much to get some trash enforcement?

1320760[/snapback]

Good one...LMAO. laugh.gif

Nice posts.

Be careful what you wish for.

I for one, could care less if I ever see a leo in the glamis area, ever!