Companies new Covid Policy...

Bobalos

Buddy at work got a Covid shot yesterday. Called in today, couldn't get out of bed.  Thought he was having a seizure at one point.

3 hours ago, Stinky said:

That title is misleading.

The body of the article claims: 

• Wearing masks outdoors makes little sense.

Nobody is wearing masks outdoors, or telling anyone to wear masks outdoors.

This is from the MIT study itself.

For example, if someone infected with Covid-19 is wearing a mask and singing loudly in an enclosed room, a person who is sitting at the other side of the room is not more protected than someone who is sitting just 6 feet away from the infected person. This is why time spent in the enclosed area is more important than how far you are from the infected person.

Masks work in general to prevent transmission by blocking larger droplets, therefore larger droplets aren’t making up the majority of Covid infections when most people are wearing masks. The majority of people who are transmitting Covid aren’t coughing and sneezing, they’re asymptomatic, Bazant said.

Masks prevent indoor transmission by both filtering exhaled infectious droplets and blocking exhaled jets of air, best visualized by imagining someone exhaling smoke. Exposure to these jets of infectious air results in a higher risk of transmission, relative to that of the well-mixed background, Bazant said he and Bush determined in an earlier study.

Masks help indoor transmission by both filtering exhaled infectious droplets and blocking exhaled jets of air, which can be seen when a smoker exhales. Exposure to exhaled jets of infectious air results in a higher risk of transmission, relative to that of the well-mixed background, Bazant and Bush said.

Those in the same room as a smoker are heavily affected by the secondhand smoke that makes its way around the enclosed area and lingers. The same logic applies to infectious airborne droplets in well-mixed room, according to the study. When indoors and masked, factors besides distance can be more important to consider to avoid transmission.

Nowhere in there does it say that masks don't work, especially indoors.

The people that have been trained and use masks on a regular basis know this has all been a farce.

I've been trained for most type of masks, including scuba for tent fumigations for 30 years. The "science" flew in the face of everything we were trained for by OSHA, SPCB, DPR, EPA, etc..

Feel good gesture at most.. If I can take Anthrax and wave it in your face with no reaction on your part, then you have the right mask.

As far as vaccine proof, well.. If the vax's work so well, why care? Seriously? And if they don't work that well, why take them?

Vaccine cards but no voter ID.. yeahhhh...GTFO.

Edited by LegitDuner
  • Like 3

I was taking to my daughter's friends father this evening and he, like myself works at a hospital.  I think he's a doctor, but not sure, only the second time we've talked in person.  He and I seem to be very like-minded, i.e. he voted for Trump, etc.  He was telling me that it's great to have my daughter over because she is 'normal' and he hopes it will influence his daughter.  I asked what he meant and he said my daughter doesn't wear a mask unless the store/restaurant/etc business says it's mandatory, whereas his daughter won't leave the house without one on her face.  I was surprised to hear this and asked my daughter about it.  She said her friend is shy and uses the mask to not have to interact with people out in public.  Yet this same girl is on TikToc, Snapchat, and other social media and is totally comfortable.  Kids are being programmed to not have human interaction.  It's sad and scary.  

Also, the hospital I work in sent an email last week saying they knew CA had lifted the mask mandate and CAL-OSHA was going to 'rule' on new mandates as well.  Our CEO was going to wait for the new CDC guidelines before changing our mask policies.  Sooooo, the CDC says you don't need masks anymore and our hospital says yeah, eff that, you guys still need to wear masks while at work.  I guess the staff at this hospital knows better than the CDC.  Or they lost sooooooo much revenue last year due to the lockdowns (we were at 60% capacity for several months, normally at 100%) they are trying to keep the 'fear' of Covid going and wearing masks will perpetuate this.  

6 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

I was taking to my daughter's friends father this evening and he, like myself works at a hospital.  I think he's a doctor, but not sure, only the second time we've talked in person.  He and I seem to be very like-minded, i.e. he voted for Trump, etc.  He was telling me that it's great to have my daughter over because she is 'normal' and he hopes it will influence his daughter.  I asked what he meant and he said my daughter doesn't wear a mask unless the store/restaurant/etc business says it's mandatory, whereas his daughter won't leave the house without one on her face.  I was surprised to hear this and asked my daughter about it.  She said her friend is shy and uses the mask to not have to interact with people out in public.  Yet this same girl is on TikToc, Snapchat, and other social media and is totally comfortable.  Kids are being programmed to not have human interaction.  It's sad and scary.  

Also, the hospital I work in sent an email last week saying they knew CA had lifted the mask mandate and CAL-OSHA was going to 'rule' on new mandates as well.  Our CEO was going to wait for the new CDC guidelines before changing our mask policies.  Sooooo, the CDC says you don't need masks anymore and our hospital says yeah, eff that, you guys still need to wear masks while at work.  I guess the staff at this hospital knows better than the CDC.  Or they lost sooooooo much revenue last year due to the lockdowns (we were at 60% capacity for several months, normally at 100%) they are trying to keep the 'fear' of Covid going and wearing masks will perpetuate this.  

Another thing to consider is that a lot of front line and middle management workers (in any industry) will want to perpetuate this to keep the reduced workload in place. Pay hasn't changed, so why go back to 100% capacity?

6 hours ago, AlpineFunco said:

Another thing to consider is that a lot of front line and middle management workers (in any industry) will want to perpetuate this to keep the reduced workload in place. Pay hasn't changed, so why go back to 100% capacity?

Smart thinking. Do more with less. lol

• Haha 1