scarreiro

La Mesa Rv Left Me Out T Dry On A Repair

More and more I am seeing that getting a good deal from a private party and COUNTING ON fixing everything yourself is the best way to go.

The other option? Pay a higher price at a dealer with a warrantee and end up fixing everything (or re-fixing) everything yourself anyway.

Not all dealers are like this, but it seems like a crap shoot.

Russian Rulette with the gun pointed at your money.

My thoughts too. I mean, all the dealer does is fix what is broken, mark up such repairs, and go through the RV for what they deem as essentials and tack that to the price. I think a better route is buy private party and have a shop check it out for you. Around here places get ~10% for consigmnment :shocker: You could be saving that money if you bought PP.

Oh don't even get me started with La Mesa! :angryfire: We started a suit against them and they settled out of court. Bunch of crooks!

I bought a $40,000 used class a from La Mesa last year. I put less than 100 miles on it and the check engine light came on. They have tried to fix it 4 times, it has been in their shop over 40 days. Today they called me and told me that they cant fix it and the shop they sent it to couldnt fix it, so they are giving it back to me. I asked them if they would pay to have another shop fix it and they said I am on my own. They told me the coach had this problem before I bought it and that it's my problem now! Essentially their customer service manager said that it wasnt prudent for them to throw any more money at reparing my coach and I should take it somewhere else. Just an FYI to all you duners looking for a place to buy an RV. icon_sad.gif

take it to the dealer (ford, chevy, etc...) have them fix it and send la mesa the bill. if they wont pay, small claims will get it done for you.

I would let the BAR know as well. thats f'd up!!!

I'm surprised HeadInjury from Giant RV hasn't commented

:moof:

so......they knew the problem existed bEFORE they sold you the coach???

One more reason we need to start getting together on where we buy our toys and TH from. If we could that would send a clear msg to them.

:clap: exactly, ....money talks

I think this is an industry wide problem. The bottom line is that the service departments dont need to give you good service because when your warranty expires, there is some other guy in line who just bought a new coach. As we all know these things arent built to the highest standards and will all need repairs right off the lot. (built in service customers)

I will never again do business with McMahon's or Altman's RV

McMahon's had my 5er on three occasions, each for several weeks to fix little stuff and each time they never completed the service, even after they had called to tell me it was ready. My friend bought a Moho from them and had to wait a couple weeks for delivery, they set up a date for him to come get it, he calls to confirm that the coach made it to the dealer, some shuffling and him-ha ing from the sales manager......long story short is that they sold his coach to someone else before he got there!! He talked to the owner and he says sorry and offers to let him rent a coach from them till they can get him the one he ordered. now thats customer service! (sarcasm)

Last Pomona RV show, my friend and his father both bought Mohos from Altmans in Colton. (350-400k total sale) first trip out we were headed up the Cajon Pass and his coach lost engine power and we couldnt get it up and running again. After many phone calls, they got ahold of the manager at Altman's, he told them to have the coach towed to Frieghtliner because they won't be able to fix it and get a taxi!!! btw....he also offered to rent them a coach for the weekend!!!! Turns out, it was a $40 sensor that was installed incorrectly, fixed in one day by frieghtliner.

I've had good experiences with Frieghtliner for chassis related service, their prices are very reasonable and they know their stuff. They wont hold your coach for weeks at a time either.

I'll never return to mcmahon's either. I took my attitude in and they half assed or didn't fix my complaints. Then they made me pay $300 to get my trailer back because they said the gen was out of warranty and I had to pay for the diagnosis. After calling generac I found out they aren't a generac service center and couldn't have fixed it under warranty anyways. :bangin: I was gonna sue them but wasn't worth the time off work and they knew it. I cost them 50k plus in sales becuase 2 of my friends went somewhere else after hearing my story.

Giant RV in Corona sucks as well! I purchased a used Southwind and decided to purchase the 3 year extended warranty. 4 days after I got home, we went out to Glamis. Nothing but problems! Called Giant RV on the way home and scheduled an appointment. They had the coach for three weeks and refused to fix some of the problems. In addition, they stated that they would fix the refrigerator and when we arrived to pick it up, the check light was still on! I tried to call the General Manager (Vickie) 5 days in a row and every time the operator stated she was on the other line. She never once called me back! So I went on to talk to the service manager...again, left several messages and he never called back. They act like your best friend when you're shelling out $50K...but when it comes time to take care of the issues, they stick it to you and screw you! Giant RV can rest assured that I will not be returning nor will my friends!

Also be careful with the finance manager (John Ferguson). He is a flat out liar! he will tell you anything you want to hear...but it is not the truth! I was told that he was transferred to another location, so beware!!

STAY AWAY FROM GIANT RV!!

I haven't been to LaMesa, but won't be there anytime soon. Unfortunatley I bought my RV at Richardson's in Sun City, and they are no better. The only things they have fixed properly, outside stereo, just pulled the old one out and replaced, and the DVD remote. Everything else was either not fixed properly, or not done at all. I had to drive to Yuma AZ to get my jacks fixed after Richardson's said they fixed it 3 times. I also have a friend who's in the RV industry, VP at a well known manufacturer, he bought a Newmar Essex, more like E SUCKS. He can't get Giant RV to fix it properly. I think it's an RV industry thing, at least in So Cal.
Edited by engine

One more reason we need to start getting together on where we buy our toys and TH from. If we could that would send a clear msg to them.

:clap: exactly, ....money talks

I think this is an industry wide problem. The bottom line is that the service departments dont need to give you good service because when your warranty expires, there is some other guy in line who just bought a new coach. As we all know these things arent built to the highest standards and will all need repairs right off the lot. (built in service customers)

I will never again do business with McMahon's or Altman's RV

McMahon's had my 5er on three occasions, each for several weeks to fix little stuff and each time they never completed the service, even after they had called to tell me it was ready. My friend bought a Moho from them and had to wait a couple weeks for delivery, they set up a date for him to come get it, he calls to confirm that the coach made it to the dealer, some shuffling and him-ha ing from the sales manager......long story short is that they sold his coach to someone else before he got there!! He talked to the owner and he says sorry and offers to let him rent a coach from them till they can get him the one he ordered. now thats customer service! (sarcasm)

Last Pomona RV show, my friend and his father both bought Mohos from Altmans in Colton. (350-400k total sale) first trip out we were headed up the Cajon Pass and his coach lost engine power and we couldnt get it up and running again. After many phone calls, they got ahold of the manager at Altman's, he told them to have the coach towed to Frieghtliner because they won't be able to fix it and get a taxi!!! btw....he also offered to rent them a coach for the weekend!!!! Turns out, it was a $40 sensor that was installed incorrectly, fixed in one day by frieghtliner.

I've had good experiences with Frieghtliner for chassis related service, their prices are very reasonable and they know their stuff. They wont hold your coach for weeks at a time either.

Yea, well they are certainly supposed to know the chasis. I went in to get the ride height adjusted properly... Replacing parts, promises of it will be finished then when I arrive the moho is still sitting in the service bay!!!??? WTF??? FREIGHTLINER OF WHITTIER ARE A BUNCH OF KNUCKLEHEADS!!! Rex the service manager real smooth talker says he is really on the project, yea right. Finally after buying way more parts than were needed (They missed Diagnosed the problem!!! :nag: ) They had my moho for 3 weeks and not returning my calls then I show up supposedly everything is fine and I find grease all over the rug and the drivers seat and on sides of moho where the mechanic grabs roll out from underneath. I am fuming at that place. :angryfire: Wait till they get my Freightliner Online Survey... I'm told the Headquarters always looks at those and will crack down.

Also in a mag I take Motorhome magazine there is a section owners can write in and they post it in their mags for all to see... I'm sure any of you that have THs could also post complaints as well.

I agree we need to stop take this kind of Shiat from these people!!!

Oh and have a nice day!

:soap:

My cousin knows the owner of RV world in Yuma. :Beer: He's dating (probably marrying) their grand daughter. ;)

I bought from La Mesa too but it was a new purchase, but even then I still wasn't told of a few things with respect to maintenance and followup's are nonexistent as well. Ok, so should someone start a list of RV places you can trust? I would but I have only dealt with two that have already been mentioned.

HeadInjury? Who. Don't forget who he works for. Its like the Fox guarding the hen house. Not going to work. Giant RV only wanted my money now that they have it its like F@%# you and even the owner said he would make things happen and nothing. So I say screw Giant RV and HeadInjury. Keep in mind this is my opinion based on what happened to me, so I may offend people who like him, I am sorry, but a say it like it is and I can back up my statements.

:boxing::angryfire:

I just thought I would send that out and see if maybe he would step up to the plate here and take care of all the GD.com brothers and sisters that have helped make his payments over the years...

I bought a 2003 pusher from La Mesa Rv last year and so far have been very happy with the service. At the time of purchase things went well and I was told to take it for 30 days and then bring it back for anything that I find that needs attention. When I brought it back they repaired things that I didn't even point out. After owning it for a year and a few months I had a problem with the AC so I took it back for service. They completed it on time and under budget. The communication was ok and the service was great. At the time of purchase I bought the Dura Shine wax and protection and have not been happy with one side of the Rv. I called and voiced my concerns and they have somebody comming to my house on Wednesday to take care of it. Thank you La Mesa Rv.

Remember, don't buy or take anything to be serviced from GiantRV in Corona. They don't return calls and make promises that they don't follow through with. On the other hand, if you're looking for a place to store your moho for a month or so, take it to GiantRv in Corona...it takes them forever to get a simple job done.

BTW, Premium RV in Brea (cross streets are Palm and Lambert) are awesome. They will schedule you a day/time to drop of your moho. The day they receive it is the day they start working on it...I had mine back in three days. Much faster than the month GiantRV had it FOR THE SAME PROBLEM! Premium RV corrected the problem on the first attempt! Top Notch, highly recommend!!

HeadInjury? Who. Don't forget who he works for. Its like the Fox guarding the hen house. Not going to work. Giant RV only wanted my money now that they have it its like F@%# you and even the owner said he would make things happen and nothing. So I say screw Giant RV and HeadInjury. Keep in mind this is my opinion based on what happened to me, so I may offend people who like him, I am sorry, but a say it like it is and I can back up my statements.

:boxing::angryfire:

I'm not defending or anything, but how can you guys SLAM Shawn with out asking him directly for help? I've met him on more than one occasion and he's a pretty damn nice guy! (and no I haven't bought anything from him) I know he helped out a few others here who were having problems with their rigs that also did not purchase them from him... Just something to think about.

I bought a 2003 pusher from La Mesa Rv last year and so far have been very happy with the service. At the time of purchase things went well and I was told to take it for 30 days and then bring it back for anything that I find that needs attention. When I brought it back they repaired things that I didn't even point out. After owning it for a year and a few months I had a problem with the AC so I took it back for service. They completed it on time and under budget. The communication was ok and the service was great. At the time of purchase I bought the Dura Shine wax and protection and have not been happy with one side of the Rv. I called and voiced my concerns and they have somebody comming to my house on Wednesday to take care of it. Thank you La Mesa Rv.

I bought a 35 foot goergie boy on ad special and was treated top class, my kids were hungry so we took the motor home to carls, and they bought us lunch.

I wanted the warranty, they cut me a discount on it as well as the dura shine paint protection (I think really works good my exterior looks brand new).

Said come back after you've had a chance to find any problems. about 3 months later I had a list as long as santa on christmas eve.

Headliner falling, cargo doors not lining up, problems with laminate on the table, tons of stuff which I expect since motorhomes are hand made.

They fixed everyone, kept me in the loop, longest wait was the laminate and decals special ordered from Goergie Boy.

So with that being said, I hope my current experiance continues.

I wonder if it has to do with the GM of the speciific location?

I have heard that LaMesa's are like gypsees of the rv world, they drive a bunch of busses into smaller city's set up small rv shows, charge high prices, then leave people high and dry. Don't know if there is any truth to that?

read reviews and record your own service expierences here

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/ReviewDeta...amp;CategoryID=

Regarding your statement about who the GM is...I'm sure it definately makes a difference. The General Manager (Vickie) at the GiantRV location in Corona refused to take my calls 7 days in a row...I left messages for her to call me each time and she never once returned my call.

Regarding the service center at GiantRV in Corona... He did the same thing. I called several times and he was never "available" to take my call...So I left messages with the associates who answered the phone and on his voice mail. Did he ever call me back to discuss the situation? Not once. After all of the calls I have made, I have never received a call from him.

I can only speak from my personal experience....My personal experience both with purchasing the moho and getting the moho serviced (under warranty!!!) has been nothing but disappointing...lack of communication, excess time in the shop for warranty repairs, managers not returning calls, etc.

As a result, I, my friends, and anyone else I can convince, will not be visiting GiantRV for future moho purchases and service.

I bought a 35 foot goergie boy on ad special and was treated top class, my kids were hungry so we took the motor home to carls, and they bought us lunch.

I wanted the warranty, they cut me a discount on it as well as the dura shine paint protection (I think really works good my exterior looks brand new).

Said come back after you've had a chance to find any problems. about 3 months later I had a list as long as santa on christmas eve.

Headliner falling, cargo doors not lining up, problems with laminate on the table, tons of stuff which I expect since motorhomes are hand made.

They fixed everyone, kept me in the loop, longest wait was the laminate and decals special ordered from Goergie Boy.

So with that being said, I hope my current experiance continues.

I wonder if it has to do with the GM of the speciific location?

I have heard that LaMesa's are like gypsees of the rv world, they drive a bunch of busses into smaller city's set up small rv shows, charge high prices, then leave people high and dry. Don't know if there is any truth to that?

Don't get me started on LA Freightliner... :angryfire: Oh, I'm sure there are some super cool people that work there, but that doesn't mean that you are going to get the appropriate service done on your Moho. With this economy, anyone that can afford to buy an expensive toy and then needs service, we should be THRILLED with it. If you have a nice Moho, be ready for grease to be everywhere; steps, carpet, seats. They don't care.

Just sent a review in for LA Freightliner in Whittier... Now, I'm going online with Freightliner and post the same thing. We should stand for poor service! :soap:

Just sent a review in for LA Freightliner in Whittier... Now, I'm going online with Freightliner and post the same thing. We shouldn't stand for poor service! :soap:

thanks John, Mcmahon's is 3 for 3 poor already it will be 4 for 4 when I'm done.

I bought a $40,000 used class a from La Mesa last year. I put less than 100 miles on it and the check engine light came on. They have tried to fix it 4 times, it has been in their shop over 40 days. Today they called me and told me that they cant fix it and the shop they sent it to couldnt fix it, so they are giving it back to me. I asked them if they would pay to have another shop fix it and they said I am on my own. They told me the coach had this problem before I bought it and that it's my problem now! Essentially their customer service manager said that it wasnt prudent for them to throw any more money at reparing my coach and I should take it somewhere else. Just an FYI to all you duners looking for a place to buy an RV. :(

take it to temecula valley RV. http:/temeculavalleyrv.com . there service deparment is the best i have ever seen. These guys are the best ask for eric he is the owner

I bought a $40,000 used class a from La Mesa last year. I put less than 100 miles on it and the check engine light came on. They have tried to fix it 4 times, it has been in their shop over 40 days. Today they called me and told me that they cant fix it and the shop they sent it to couldnt fix it, so they are giving it back to me. I asked them if they would pay to have another shop fix it and they said I am on my own. They told me the coach had this problem before I bought it and that it's my problem now! Essentially their customer service manager said that it wasnt prudent for them to throw any more money at reparing my coach and I should take it somewhere else. Just an FYI to all you duners looking for a place to buy an RV. :(

take it to temecula valley RV. http:/temeculavalleyrv.com . there service deparment is the best i have ever seen. These guys are the best ask for eric he is the owner

I too have had great success using Temecula Valley RV. A little on the pricey side for non-warranty work IMO

but otherwise they did great work on our trailer.

http://www.temeculavalleyrv.com/