Jump to content

Toy market?


1newbie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Any thoughts on the current status of the toy market? Prices still seem high but the volume of things (boats especially and maybe SxS's) for sale seems to be increasing.  Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pricing is still high.  Dealers in So. Cal want full pop, plus dealer set up fees.   Do not see it improving anytime soon.  Most dealers are still really low on inventory. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The volume of used toys for sale is increasing fast right now.  With prices still high and the shoppers having more choices, I would expect prices to start falling.  Things are starting to change back to normalcy, get ready.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see things changing, I think you are seeing more stuff for sale because people are getting top dollar. I'm building a  new car and parts are hard to find. Its almost a year to get an Albins, shock lead times are insane, wheels, tires, seats and even motor stuff have long lead times and some stuffs not available. I know universal has a ton of trailers on order and if you don't have one ordered now you aren't getting a new one anytime soon. Kenny at Sport is pretty much done, CNC gone, ATC you need a mortgage so the used market is going to remain strong. Supply and demand, and the supply isn't getting better anytime soon.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator

This might be a good-time to sell it all, take season off because we already look to miss most of it from Ice Hockey.

Better then it sitting in my garage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Crusty said:

This might be a good-time to sell it all, take season off because we already look to miss most of it from Ice Hockey.

Better then it sitting in my garage.

This is the time to sell quads, bikes, UTVs, watercraft and just about anything.   Especially if you do not feel you are going to use any of it over the next year.   When your ready to hit the dunes or dirt the pricing will be much better.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO it 'feels' like things have topped out and will return to normal in the next couple of months.  Stimulus is all gone, stock market has stalled out, crypto is in the toilet, interest rates going up, eviction moratorium ending soon.  The reckoning in used toy prices is coming - some sectors quicker than others. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1newbie said:

IMO it 'feels' like things have topped out and will return to normal in the next couple of months.  Stimulus is all gone, stock market has stalled out, crypto is in the toilet, interest rates going up, eviction moratorium ending soon.  The reckoning in used toy prices is coming - some sectors quicker than others. 

I just don't see it happening yet.  Maybe by the middle of next year.  Housing market is still high demand and low inventory and interest rates are below 3%.  People are still overbidding on houses.  When housing slows and construction slows then the rest will follow.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pennywise said:

I don't see things changing, I think you are seeing more stuff for sale because people are getting top dollar. I'm building a  new car and parts are hard to find. Its almost a year to get an Albins, shock lead times are insane, wheels, tires, seats and even motor stuff have long lead times and some stuffs not available. I know universal has a ton of trailers on order and if you don't have one ordered now you aren't getting a new one anytime soon. Kenny at Sport is pretty much done, CNC gone, ATC you need a mortgage so the used market is going to remain strong. Supply and demand, and the supply isn't getting better anytime soon.   

I have to agree - I am seeing the same thing all over - its going to be a gradual taper off and not a cliff where one day prices are sky high (now) and tomorrow they are back to normal or even lower.  The Demand  (unless peope start cancelling at a huge pace)   is still outstripping supply, and most people are working and pulling in pre-pandemic cash 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

I just don't see it happening yet.  Maybe by the middle of next year.  Housing market is still high demand and low inventory and interest rates are below 3%.  People are still overbidding on houses.  When housing slows and construction slows then the rest will follow.  

I tend to agree with this. Yes, the free/cheap money is running out. But the supply chain disruptions will take more time to sort out and return to normal. At least to whatever the new normal will be. And keep in mind the job market is also crazy so people getting more disposable income to spend on toys. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

I just don't see it happening yet.  Maybe by the middle of next year.  Housing market is still high demand and low inventory and interest rates are below 3%.  People are still overbidding on houses.  When housing slows and construction slows then the rest will follow.  

Agreed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 9:52 AM, 1newbie said:

Any thoughts on the current status of the toy market? Prices still seem high but the volume of things (boats especially and maybe SxS's) for sale seems to be increasing.  Thoughts?

i bought my 2016 xp1k for 11k 9  months ago, sold it may 3 for 16k, got me in a new turbo s dynamix lol!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its been a crazy time for sure but I am seeing a little more parts availability and hopefully inventory starts increasing again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think we have seen the worst of it yet. In the US we still have people not wanting to go back to work yet. I hear and speak to people in all sectors, from landscapers, retail, manufacturing they are all short handed and struggling to get employees. Trucking is really struggling to get drivers and are offering signing bonuses, hoping to steal drivers away from competitor companies. 
 

The world runs off electronics and semi conductors are still in short supply and causing supply chain issues globally. We are still seeing 6 weeks to get a shipping container from Asia to Long Beach dock as the port congestion is still 2-3 weeks out. Air cargo is still only Express and not offering Expedited service as they are overload with freight. 
 

Covid is making its second round in Asia. Malaysia is shut down and as of yesterday extended their lock down as they are seeing a rise in cases. 
 

I’m hearing that supply chains are looking at 2nd quarter of next year before things get back to normal. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interest rates are still super low, so people are refinancing and pulling out cash.  There are also more people Working From Home than ever, allowing them more time to use toys and justify buying them.  

This too shall pass, and if you keep some cash in your pocket I think 12-18mo from now will be a great time to pickup lightly used RVs/Boats/SxSs/etc. 

 

-TJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy