Jump to content

Can Am X3 part duex - the build/decorating of the new one


Recommended Posts

ZRP braces should prevent the sway bar mounting area from developing cracks later on down the line.  It reduces the flex in that area.

I think I need some Yosemite Sam on the Rock Knockers or maybe the chrome ladies.  LOL!   

5.jpg

6.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The TMW plate is really nice and will keep everything in place.  In hindsight I should of done the radius rod nut plates that convert everything so you can take one bolt out at a time.    It took a little juggling but with the radius rods not connected to the hub getting everything lined up was not to bad. 

7.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by Sand Shark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I really like these Super Atv trailing arms.  They are well built and for the money can't be beat.  The did have 100 miles on them with my other X3. 

 

I got to use my Speed tool kit, which is by far the handiest took kit.   

11.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by Sand Shark
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator

@Sand Shark please don't troll the Speed guys outside the designated Speed trolling thread.... :thanks:

 

Looks like your SxS is coming along now...nice.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crusty said:

@Sand Shark please don't troll the Speed guys outside the designated Speed trolling thread.... :thanks:

 

Looks like your SxS is coming along now...nice.

Thanks

 

Fine I will play nice.  LOL!   I really do like my Speed tool kit.   

Edited by Sand Shark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

Dodgers suck!

They will make the playoffs.   The Padres are 50/50.   LMAO!!!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

lookin good!

Thanks.

Hopefully next month my cage will be done.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

They will make the playoffs.   The Padres are 50/50.   LMAO!!!!  

50/50 might be generous. They are having a typical San Diego sports team meltdown. 

BUT.....I will never be a Dodger fan. The worst part is I am part of the Dodger Ownership Trophy Truck team. All our gear is Dodger blue 🤮

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Crusty said:

@Sand Shark please don't troll the Speed guys outside the designated Speed trolling thread.... :thanks:

 

Looks like your SxS is coming along now...nice.

That's not what I heard.

It sounded like he wouldn't be able to put his X3 back together without his Speed UTV tool kit. That's no surprise.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

50/50 might be generous. They are having a typical San Diego sports team meltdown. 

BUT.....I will never be a Dodger fan. The worst part is I am part of the Dodger Ownership Trophy Truck team. All our gear is Dodger blue 🤮

Wow that must be painful when you have to put on the team gear.    That is a fun offroad team to follow.  

I am guessing you don't wear your Padre gear around the team owner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

It looks like the only stock parts left are the drivetrain.

Sway bar is stock.  LOL!

I would of left the stock trailing arms on,  if I did not already have the Super Atv arms.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Wow that must be painful when you have to put on the team gear.    That is a fun offroad team to follow.  

I am guessing you don't wear your Padre gear around the team owner. 

Yes we do. He really doesn't mind. He is a true baseball fan.

Alright back to Canned Ham posts.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2021 at 10:33 AM, Sand Shark said:

 

I got to use my Speed tool kit, which is by far the handiest took kit.   

 

10.jpg

 

On 8/23/2021 at 1:38 PM, Lord of the Dunes said:

 

It sounded like he wouldn't be able to put his X3 back together without his Speed UTV tool kit. That's no surprise.

Hmmm? 
So much I could say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 8/23/2021 at 1:38 PM, Lord of the Dunes said:

That's not what I heard.

It sounded like he wouldn't be able to put his X3 back together without his Speed UTV tool kit. That's no surprise.

I did have to use some other tools as the Speed kit does not have a socket for the axle nut.  Harbor Freight does though.  So either way China helped put my Canadian built in Mexico X3 together.  LOL!!!!

Edited by Sand Shark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Lord of the Dunes reminded me I did do very little work on my X3 on Sunday.  LOL!

Put the rear shocks back on and removed the front plastic so I can install my gusset kit and new bumper.   I will hopefully get to installing the bumper and gusset kit this coming weekend.  Hopefully will get my radio installed too.  I picked up the new M1 radio from Rugged at the sand show. 

 

 

new 1.jpg

new 2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator

Did you replace your doors Yet?? Just wondering because I will at some point be wanting Lower stock doors if you change yours out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SandTrap said:

Did you replace your doors Yet?? Just wondering because I will at some point be wanting Lower stock doors if you change yours out

I am replacing the doors.  Just waiting for my cage, which hopefully I get in a few more weeks.  
 

I will let you know when the stock doors are off.  
 

Are you in So. Cal? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 6:55 AM, MWB said:

$6K I will be that deep in mine before the first dune trip. No cage, No seats.

Almost $2K in tick tack stuff so far easy. Mirrors, Misc Hangers(Helmet, Flag,Antenna), Four Point Belts, Bags, Chase bar, pumper and helmet, lower doors and the mount for the radio I switched over.

over $2K in paddles and rims, what a joy it was trying to find rims let me tell you.  Plus I hope my name gets to the top of the paddle list before October comes around.

Next up is the gusset kit and double shear stuff for the back, so that will be another $1K installed

and last will be the suspension work by MTS.

 

 

Better stop typing and get to work need more money and time in a hurry.

Even on the stock Big Hrons, it'll get around the dunes really well.  

On 8/23/2021 at 10:25 AM, Sand Shark said:

ZRP braces should prevent the sway bar mounting area from developing cracks later on down the line.  It reduces the flex in that area.

I think I need some Yosemite Sam on the Rock Knockers or maybe the chrome ladies.  LOL!   

5.jpg

6.jpg

I vote these:

Amazon.com: Plasticolor 000502R01 Yosemite Sam Back Off Easy Fit Mud Guard  11" - Set of 2,Multi-colored : Automotive

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Even on the stock Big Hrons, it'll get around the dunes really well.  

I vote these:

Amazon.com: Plasticolor 000502R01 Yosemite Sam Back Off Easy Fit Mud Guard  11" - Set of 2,Multi-colored : Automotive

Who is going to see that? Some 7 yr old kid on a 80cc quad?

J/K!

:lmao:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy