Can Am X3 part duex - the build/decorating of the new one

30 minutes ago, NIKAL said:

I thought S3 used hiems vs ball joints on their kit? 

No they use stock ball joints or the Keller ball joints.  I have seen the Keller ball joints fail two times on my friends ride.  I had no issues with the stock ball joints on my last ride.   

Only seen a few use the uniball set up - Long Travel Industries and Fabwerx.  

Picked up my car from Thad at Fabwerx today.  I am super happy on how it turned out.  Thad’s cages are top notch and have nice clean lines.   Lots of little details that sets his work apart from the rest.

2B9B3119-D58D-493E-A6CF-AB20A2FB959B.jpeg

FC119C7C-4784-4EE0-9021-112A693DF216.jpeg

531383CA-8015-45E9-A9ED-DEACD6471B83.jpeg

1AAFE61C-AD87-40DC-9999-C3E4DC107426.jpeg

D5764D17-4A6F-447F-B127-FA7469862995.jpeg

4AE34697-C8F0-4409-973E-AED4D63919EF.jpeg

• Like 5

Really nice !!!!

The best part is that this is not some car that had a bunch of bling added for bling sake. After following your last car it's clear that you know the X3 better than just about anyone and your upgrades are well thought out. 

Have Fun with it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

Came out looking really nice @Sand Shark  Awesome job.. now go rip it and kick up some dust!! 

Thanks.  Plan is to take it out next weekend to get dirty in the desert.  

11 hours ago, Meter Tech said:

DAMN....BAD ASS!!

Thanks.  I am super happy with how it turned out.  

2 hours ago, badgas said:

Really nice !!!!

The best part is that this is not some car that had a bunch of bling added for bling sake. After following your last car it's clear that you know the X3 better than just about anyone and your upgrades are well thought out. 

Have Fun with it. 

Thanks.  I learned a lot from the last car and this one should last a lot longer.  I have a few more things I want to do to for the frame, but those can wait.  I addressed the important stuff. 

I have taken apart a few X3s.  LOL!   Still have a lot to learn and luckily have friends that know more than me to help guide me.  My friend swapped his two seater to a 4 seater frame and did some really badass work making it better.  He was on the old forum and he may have posted his build.  

I just wish I knew how to weld.  I can't see chit up close and my welds look like Mr. Magu was doing it.  LOL!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Thanks.  I learned a lot from the last car and this one should last a lot longer.  I have a few more things I want to do to for the frame, but those can wait.  I addressed the important stuff. 

I have taken apart a few X3s.  LOL!   Still have a lot to learn and luckily have friends that know more than me to help guide me.  My friend swapped his two seater to a 4 seater frame and did some really badass work making it better.  He was on the old forum and he may have posted his build.  

Yes I followed that thread as well it was unreal. 

• Like 1

Wired up my radio and put my Baja Design head light kit on today.   

Still have to to get my lights all wired up and my Switch Pro.  I will get to that after my desert trip next weekend. 

Can’t wait to get it in the dirt.

08C2195F-D019-46C8-A2AF-978E5E6F1524.jpeg

32356BA4-6B90-4011-88FA-AD3CAB18E472.jpeg

840AEFEC-AC88-4158-9DA8-569DE73BD748.jpeg

50 minutes ago, GBR said:

Looking awesome I really like that cage and the upgrades should make it way stout compared to stock nice job @Sand Shark

Thanks.  Much more stout now with the cage and gussets.  

2 hours ago, ROBERT L said:

That’s looking good. I really like the front lights. 

Thanks.

Those little lights throw off a lot of light.  Only think that I wish it did not have is the one laser spot light.  It is completely useless.  It shoots a pencil beam about a 1000' ahead.  Some day I will switch it out for a regular flood light. 

On 10/13/2021 at 8:10 PM, Lake and Sand said:

Looks great!  What are you doing for sand tires?  Lighted whip(s)?

Thanks!  I still have my 32" Sandcraft Destoryer (Skat) set up from my old car.  I will be running those.  I have 5150 whips, which held up well last season.  I put the bases on and will get them wired up when I wire all my lights and accessories to my Switch-Pro.  

Had to get rid of my storage box as it would not work with the new cage. Decided to give the Assault Industries Recon bed rack a try. They make a bag that fits in the rack that I will get once they have them in stock.

Rack is pretty nice and feels sturdy. Pretty straight forward to put together. Fits like a glove under my spare tire rack.

rack 1.jpg

rack 2.jpg

rack 3.jpg

rack 4.jpg

rack 5.jpg

rack 6.jpg

• Like 1