Gecko Road 2.0

Sandkist

Looks like the BLM is busy.

FD93D54B-186D-46CB-B086-1AEB3A0A98AC.jpeg.ac80bf2ef73a0cc672fd085eebaf36c3.jpeg3A3D6CDF-64AE-49DC-957D-441CCE491DB1.jpeg.50ab2b1cdd3d3ad7b315f84cb09f8f53.jpeg3D442F73-7CD1-4A0E-9BBA-21BC8D559F52.jpeg.54dd7ad3c444bf30645a048087529f0a.jpeg
asasandassoc Each summer the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area strives to maintain their sites to provide a high quality recreational experience for the next season. Work on Pad 4 started this week. Over the next month, the middle of Roadrunner Campground, and a portion of Wash Road will be getting similar work. #BLM #isdra

Edited by Sandkist
  • Like 3

It'll be a nice smooth pad until some jerk digs a fire pit hole. They should construct additional new pads.

"HJ"    :ex:     :cheers:

• Like 4

• Forum Moderator

Love seeing progress to assist us Duners any way possible. Peace

Maybe I am wrong, but I think they are just doing maintenance?  The pads are mostly likely the same size as last season.  I would love for them to make them bigger, I am not optimistic though.

• Like 1

nice to see something more going to our BLM fees, Cant wait to get back in Mother G!  save me a spot! 😂😂

31 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Maybe I am wrong, but I think they are just doing maintenance?  The pads are mostly likely the same size as last season.  I would love for them to make them bigger, I am not optimistic though.

From what I understand the Ghost campers at pad 4 complained...so they are fixing the pads so they can leave their crap there all season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

Pretty sure they've done this last several years.

I don't want this and don't need it.  But I'll be out there this weekend to be the first to piss on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Pad 3 Mafia contracted private gated area with landing strip, sand drag strip, helicopter pads at each campsite, Custom inflatable Ghost Camps year round when not present (Automatically deflate on 13th day +59 minutes then re inflate), no one can apply to get in unless sand car has 3,000HP min and net worth of $100million minimum.

:bag:

:lmao:

• Haha 1

• Forum Moderator
On 7/14/2021 at 8:51 AM, Cookie said:

They did mention that they are making the inside of RR estates smooth and like a pad. 

3 hours ago, Squatcher said:

They did mention that they are making the inside of RR estates smooth and like a pad. 

The last few seasons the inside of Roadrunner has been getting worse and worse. I've been stuck in it twice and had to get pulled out. After they repaved 2 seasons ago it looked like they pushed the extra sand into the middle and made it even worse. Saw so many people getting stuck. Glad it being fixed.

Just now, Time2Dune said:

So, where do I make reservations? 

You don't ask to camp there they ask you.  

• Board Moderator

Happy to hear the HOA is addressing the concerns of their members.

If anyone plans to Airbnb their spot this season...let me know :deal:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Time2Dune said:

HAHA

I hear the best way to get invited in though is to try and hire their concierge service or personal chef out from under them. They don't mind sharing they just don't want the help working in the poor part of town, It lowers their self worth.

So ask your wife to ask around at the plastic surgeon  or have her personal shopper look into concierge services you will uncover the nest. 

Oh if your wife doesn't have one of those, your not getting in, It's like trying to get into the mob with a Irish Mother..

• Haha 1