Jump to content

Another one escapes CA... sort of.


tjZ06
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Moderator
Just now, Coryz71 said:

Congratulations on the new place! 
 

 

83971156-57A1-4D61-885F-5B48EB363C0A.jpeg

 

Can't TOP that! Peace

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dibs on the shop when you decide it needs to be 60x80… :biggrin:

Congrats sir. Wish I could stick build like that here…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats that will be awesome after your done working your magic. Looking forward to the finished product when the time comes every thing you seem to do is top notch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moved to phx last summer like it so far.Lake about 30 min away on side streets,place to shoot 25 min away,and still have good spots to trout fish.Glamis about 4 hr drive and 8 miles more from old house.

 

Yeh gets hot 3 months of year rest is nice though just got tired of the ca bullCrap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats...

We have friends North of Summerlin...he rides right out his driveway to awesome trails.

So I made a little tweak to the plan view image.... :bag:

 

 

TJ-Pool.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats.

I wonder at what point will CA realize all their taxpayers are leaving and they can't fund their stupid sh*t anymore?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

Congrats.

I wonder at what point will CA realize all their taxpayers are leaving and they can't fund their stupid sh*t anymore?

They won't!

They'll try to implement an exit tax and probably try to get you to pay it as many years that you lived in CA!

Yes, they are THAT STUPID!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dbart said:

They won't!

They'll try to implement an exit tax and probably try to get you to pay it as many years that you lived in CA!

Yes, they are THAT STUPID!!!!

they are already working on that.  IIRC, it was already sent to one of the floors for a vote.......... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dbart said:

They won't!

They'll try to implement an exit tax and probably try to get you to pay it as many years that you lived in CA!

Yes, they are THAT STUPID!!!!

I read about that.  I'm already out.  Suck it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 9:41 AM, Sand Shark said:

Congrats!!!  Nice piece of property and the RV garage is going to be awesome.  I have friends that live in the Vegas area (Henderson and Summerlin).    Congrats on now having about a 5 hour drive to Glamis and a short plane flight to get to Palo Alto.   Also nice that Dumont is really close when you need to test something or just want to do a day trip to play in the Dunes.

There is awesome riding all around the Vegas area for your SXS.  Once it cools down you have to make the ride to Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings.   Another bonus of being in Vegas is you are close to Utah and can hit the mountain areas during the summer to escape the heat.  

If I ever moved from CA I think Vegas is where I would head. 

Thanks!  Yes, Vegas will be a SxS meca for us with the RZR, and "someday" the Speed, lol.  Dumont will be fun for shorter trips too, having fun dunes ~2hrs from our house is going to be insane!!!  Maybe see  ya in Vegas someday when you get too tired of CA too. 😉

 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 11:16 AM, J Alper said:

Congrats on the new, house, 

When we go to Dumont i will send you a PM, takes about a hour and a half to get there, 

Thanks, would love to hit Dumont with a big-car group that knows the dunes well.  I get such mixed stories about how duning in Dumont is (from "4th-5th gear allllllllllllllllllllllllllll day" to "5 minutes to go around the whole place") it'd be cool to see it with a vet that really knows it.  Oh, and just think of all my broken stuff you can fix now! 

 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 1:04 PM, wapawekka said:

Congrats on the move. The new place looks awesome. And closer to the dunes. 

Thanks!

 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 1:54 PM, Esco said:

Congrats cant wait till its my time SOON

No time like NOW!  😉

 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 2:36 PM, cek said:

Congrats buddy. Happy for ya. We make a few Vegas trips a year so we’ll have to meet up. 

Thanks hoss, we'll have to meet up for sure.  I'll have plenty of parking if you want to bring the rig down too...

 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, ChEFF said:

BONER!!!!!! Peace

Thanks, I think. 😉

 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, Coryz71 said:

Congratulations on the new place! 
 

 

83971156-57A1-4D61-885F-5B48EB363C0A.jpeg

Thanks, and we're not all that far from y'all down there in AZ too.  I'm sure we can find some cool riding to meet up and do with the SxSs or Jeeps! 

 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 4:01 PM, Rockwood said:

Dibs on the shop when you decide it needs to be 60x80… :biggrin:

Congrats sir. Wish I could stick build like that here…

Lol... you gonna pick it up and move it!  And I already know it needs to be 60x80'... but on this property this is it, period. 

 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 5:23 PM, GBR said:

Congrats that will be awesome after your done working your magic. Looking forward to the finished product when the time comes every thing you seem to do is top notch 

Thanks, I'll post some "after" pics once we get to that stage... 

 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, sandjoker29 said:

Congrats on making out of Cali. Welcome to Las Vegas.  Good looking place , could use a pool. 

 

Thanks... and it's getting a pool FOR SURE. 

 

 

On 7/18/2021 at 11:39 AM, 77charger said:

Moved to phx last summer like it so far.Lake about 30 min away on side streets,place to shoot 25 min away,and still have good spots to trout fish.Glamis about 4 hr drive and 8 miles more from old house.

 

Yeh gets hot 3 months of year rest is nice though just got tired of the ca bullCrap

Yeah, I'm not going to be one of those people that says "ah, it's not THAT hot" cuz it farkin' is.  But it's not all the time, and it's worth it for all the other upsides. 

 

 

On 7/19/2021 at 9:19 AM, dbart said:

Congrats...

We have friends North of Summerlin...he rides right out his driveway to awesome trails.

So I made a little tweak to the plan view image.... :bag:

 

 

TJ-Pool.jpg

Maybe I'll see ya in Vegas sometime.  Oh, and yes backyard/pool is 110% in the plans.  We kind of want to sell the RV lot in Indio first to fund the project, but also want to start sooner than later.  I think that's actually roughly where the pool would go.. and we want to do a big gazebo/outdoor kitchen thing next to it (not an actual pool house, because the RV garage burned all the additional structure square footage).  I'm def going to need some renderings... 😉

 

 

On 7/19/2021 at 9:27 AM, Mac said:

Congrats.

I wonder at what point will CA realize all their taxpayers are leaving and they can't fund their stupid sh*t anymore?

Approximately half-past-way-too-late-thirty. 

 

-TJ

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

Thanks!  Yes, Vegas will be a SxS meca for us with the RZR, and "someday" the Speed, lol.  Dumont will be fun for shorter trips too, having fun dunes ~2hrs from our house is going to be insane!!!  Maybe see  ya in Vegas someday when you get too tired of CA too. 😉

 

 

Thanks, would love to hit Dumont with a big-car group that knows the dunes well.  I get such mixed stories about how duning in Dumont is (from "4th-5th gear allllllllllllllllllllllllllll day" to "5 minutes to go around the whole place") it'd be cool to see it with a vet that really knows it.  Oh, and just think of all my broken stuff you can fix now! 

 

 

Thanks!

 

 

No time like NOW!  😉

 

 

Thanks hoss, we'll have to meet up for sure.  I'll have plenty of parking if you want to bring the rig down too...

 

 

Thanks, I think. 😉

 

 

Thanks, and we're not all that far from y'all down there in AZ too.  I'm sure we can find some cool riding to meet up and do with the SxSs or Jeeps! 

 

 

Lol... you gonna pick it up and move it!  And I already know it needs to be 60x80'... but on this property this is it, period. 

 

 

Thanks, I'll post some "after" pics once we get to that stage... 

 

 

Thanks... and it's getting a pool FOR SURE. 

 

 

Yeah, I'm not going to be one of those people that says "ah, it's not THAT hot" cuz it farkin' is.  But it's not all the time, and it's worth it for all the other upsides. 

 

 

Maybe I'll see ya in Vegas sometime.  Oh, and yes backyard/pool is 110% in the plans.  We kind of want to sell the RV lot in Indio first to fund the project, but also want to start sooner than later.  I think that's actually roughly where the pool would go.. and we want to do a big gazebo/outdoor kitchen thing next to it (not an actual pool house, because the RV garage burned all the additional structure square footage).  I'm def going to need some renderings... 😉

 

 

Approximately half-past-way-too-late-thirty. 

 

-TJ

If you get someone to meet you with gas you can ride from Vegas to Dumont. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

If you get someone to meet you with gas you can ride from Vegas to Dumont. 

Gonna have to do that someday, get a group together and have one of the wives drive a truck out w/ fuel... my D'max does have a 65 gallon transfer tank in the bed (only been used for gas for the toys, never had diesel for the truck in it). 

 

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't looked at the schedule but it would be cool to come out for a Raider / Niner game too. The stadium is pretty bad ass from what I hear. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

congratulations TJ :thumb: moving out of calif was the best thing ive ever done. best part is coming to the realization of how much stress all those things created in your life are now gone.

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats TJ!!  You won't miss CA!!   I can say that as a life long Californian that moved to AZ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Rockwood said:

@tjZ06 Yeah I’ll pick it up. I have a loooooooong trailer. Lol

That's what she said? 

 

11 hours ago, Hondajimz said:

I haven't looked at the schedule but it would be cool to come out for a Raider / Niner game too. The stadium is pretty bad ass from what I hear. 

Yeah, and a Sharks/Godlen Showers game.  Tickets are crazy expensive though, that's one big downside because the casinos buy up tons of tickets to give to high-rollers and stuff.

 

1 hour ago, rampster said:

Congrats dude, wow your life changes quite a bit.   Nice shop!

The only constant is change! 

 

31 minutes ago, Kevin said:

congratulations TJ :thumb: moving out of calif was the best thing ive ever done. best part is coming to the realization of how much stress all those things created in your life are now gone.

Yeah, man I felt instantly relaxed when I hit the NV border on the trip where I took my pew-pew and freedom seeds.  

 

18 minutes ago, 2dasand said:

Congrats TJ!!  You won't miss CA!!   I can say that as a life long Californian that moved to AZ.

And if I *do* miss it, we'll just take the RV and go see friends/family in CA for a week or two.  Of course, for the next ~2 years I'm still here weekly, so I doubt we'll want to come back for vacation (other than Glamis... but Glamis doesn't feel like CA to me 😉 ). 

 

-TJ
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I left CA 21 years ago and don’t miss it at all. Zero desire to live there again. Only problem I have now is Oregon is becoming more like CA every day 🤑🤑. Oregon income tax is up to 9.75% but no sales tax. But all indications are they will add sales tax in the near future. 

Vegas is currently top of our very short list of possible retirement spots in a few years. I may try to find a 1-2 acre lot and build a house and shop. But my wife wants to be close to amenities (shops, restaurants, coffee houses, groceries, etc). I doubt I will find much of a lot near these amenities but we’ll see. My father-in-law lives in a high rise condo in Summerlin and loves it. I thought about doing the condo thing then just doing my shop within a reasonable drive but that doesn’t sound super appealing to me to have drive to my shop.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy