what would you do with this neighbor? advice please (Arborist needed)

John@Outfront

12 minutes ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

The second sentence in the original post.

Basically the same person.

doesnt matter, id still do whatever to make Crap miserable for the property owner regardless of who is renting the place.

trim the tree, but leave the trunkas an eye-sore, have a large poster board made of the holes and oil stains with "you know what you did 2021" stabbed right in the center blocking the same view the tree gave. constant reminder of their bad deed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dune-Track-N said:

trim the tree, but leave the trunkas an eye-sore, have a large poster board made of the holes and oil stains with "you know what you did 2021" stabbed right in the center blocking the same view the tree gave. constant reminder of their bad deed

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Plus send a picture of this to the father/ owner.  He might not be aware of what his kid did.

• Site Sponsor

Might ask him that you have proof that he might be involved and see if he will pick up part of the bill of having the tree removed,  if not let the tree sit, 

for fun, no one like there privacy tampered with, stick large camera near the end of the property facing the tree but mostly facing his house so he feels like his privacy is tampered with,  this will mind F him for some time, 

• Like 1

Get the LOUDEST 2-Smoke Chainsaw and put the BIGGEST pipe on it that you then connect a series of SS exhaust pipes too with a Mega Phone on the end and aim it his house when cutting it down. 

:bag:

8 minutes ago, dbart said:

Get the LOUDEST 2-Smoke Chainsaw and put the BIGGEST pipe on it that you then connect a series of SS exhaust pipes too with a Mega Phone on the end and aim it his house when cutting it down. 

:bag:

Take the chain off for the first few hours to make the job last longer.  Maybe give the EPA a call for the "Illegal dumping" that killed the tree.  Pretty easy to tell where the chemicals came from.

Edited by Kat-A-Tonic
  • Like 1

wow this sucks to read sorry John we have some effed up peeps in this world

Aint gonna fall on his house...leave it....but make sure you have cameras on the back fence.....File a police report on the vandalism just to cover your azz.  That was a crime. Maybe the pd will actually care and go talk the the people at the house. 

• Like 1

Aint gonna fall on his house...leave it....but make sure you have cameras on the back fence.....File a police report on the vandalism just to cover your azz.  That was a crime. Maybe the pd will actually care and go talk the the people at the house. 

Something to think about is YOUR actually renter here.  If you lived on the property, then do as you please.  Once you are renting, you dont want your renter to get inbetween you and the neighbors.  Could put them between a rock and hardplace pretty quick. Maybe you like your renters and they pay on time.. or maybe you dont.  Just food for thought.

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator

i like my renter, but he is as ticked off as i am.  I didnt know that integrity and pursuing a lawsuit are mutually exclusive? so i hope you guys dont think less of me if i pursue anything here.   im going to do some cheap investigative work and will file a police report for vandalism. a tree like that and to replace would clearly be over the small claims limit of $10k and would be a felony.  at least we can say that "substance found" did come from their back yard as its running down my 2 foot retaining wall from only one direction.  im thinking they cant deny it came from their place  i like the idea of contacting the owner directly with some evidence, maybe he doesnt know.  

stay tuned..............................

• Like 4

• Site Sponsor

The stuff running down the wall could easily be sap dripped from a branch that is above that spot....if there is a branch above that spot.

29 minutes ago, John@Outfront said:

I didnt know that integrity and pursuing a lawsuit are mutually exclusive?

Not what was meant, and I’m pretty sure you know that. But your retaliation and my retaliation are two separate things. A lawsuit is not illegal. Cutting off fingers is possibly another story. 

• Forum Moderator
13 minutes ago, BONES said:

Not what was meant, and I’m pretty sure you know that. But your retaliation and my retaliation are two separate things. A lawsuit is not illegal. Cutting off fingers is possibly another story. 

haha, i understand.  i hate having to pursue this but feel like if i dont then this crap will never end.

a lot of the suggestions are vicious on here, but cant tell you i havent thought or entertained them in my mind for a moment 🙂 

• Forum Moderator
23 minutes ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

The stuff running down the wall could easily be sap dripped from a branch that is above that spot....if there is a branch above that spot.

not sap. no branch above, to me it looks like the stain they used for the fence  i have a friend that can do soil samples for me cheap but the time it happened (probably 6 months ago) means lots of the VOC's have escaped

Leave the tree up as long as you can make them look at what they did contact the home owner and express your feelings and let him know you will pursue further actions against the home owner if he does not remove the renters. 

Send them some of these....

Ship Your Friends an Embarrassing Box Prank: BigAssDildos. – Witty Yeti

Also... Flowers and cards to him from a " Special Friend" generally get his wife pissed off. Little things like this will get his attention.. Ask me how I know!!! lol

John, 

First I would get a police report started. Then I’d reach out to the owner/father telling him what you suspect happen. Let him know that at this time you have no intention on removing the tree as your hoping it will heal itself, and you now have cameras on the property facing the tree in case of more retaliation. Let him know that “IF” the tree was to now fall on his house that he could be libel as you have on record him requesting the tree removed, and after denying his request you found the tree poisoned, and this is all documented with a police report of the vandalism. 

Also tell him at the time “If” or when the tree will have to be removed you will be expecting him to cover the costs, or possibly face legal recourse to cover your costs and damages. 

This might get his attention or he my not care!  Either way he will know you know and that while your being respectful about it your not going to get pushed around. 

• Like 2