Rep. Paul Ryan, Wis.
Sen. Marco Rubio - Florida
But it doesn't really matter this guy is probably right!
No Matter What
By Dr. Walter Williams
Walter E. Williams, (born 1936 in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania ) is a conservative American economist, commentator, and academic. He is the John M Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics at George Mason University , as well as a syndicated columnist and author.
Can President Obama be defeated in 2012? No. He can't.
I am going on record as saying that President Barak Obama will win a second term. The media won't tell you this because a good election campaign means hundreds of millions (or in Obama's case billions) of dollars to them in advertising. But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.
The quality of the Republican candidate doesn't matter. Obama gets reelected.
Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win.
Gas prices moving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins.
The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins.
War in the Middle East ? He wins a second term.
America's role as the leading Superpower disappears? Hurrah for Barak Obama!
The U.S. government rushes toward bankruptcy, the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending? Obama wins handily.
You are crazy Williams. Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining? Sure I do. And that's why I know Obama will win.
The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics. And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated. Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin, the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault. After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.
Obama's reelection is really a very, very simple math problem. Consider the following:
1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period. Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing.
2) College educated women will vote for Obama. Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It's really not more complex than that,
3) Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,
4) Democrats will vote for Obama. He is the leader of their party and his coattails will carry them to victory nationwide,
5) Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,
6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama. He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,
7) Big Business will support Obama. They already have. He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more everyday. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,
8) The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him. After all... to not love him would be racist,
9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won't vote Republican. American Indians will support him. Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic. And lastly,
10) Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn't need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned. The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.
GOD HELP US!
-- Dr. Walter E. Williams, George Mason University
I like Dr. Walter Williams a lot, and when it comes to politics I'm sure he is much smarter than I. However, in this case I disagree with him. I think he is not accounting for the HUGE amount of Obama's former voters that come the next election will not want to vote for Obama or will just be too lazy to show up at the polls.
And then there's the Tea Party... if a candidate surfaces that the Tea Party really likes... game over.
Notice I said "if." Right now I don't see such a candidate. I hope they find one soon, and I hope he packs a huge arsenal.
BTW... I'd bet 50 bucks that the long form birth certificate is fake... except I don't have 50 bucks. :D
You guys really need to start investigating things like this before posting. Dr. Walter Williams did not write this. It was a hoax. And no, I didn't Snopes it (but they said it was faked too). http://www.acnation.com/forum/topics/walte...s-did-not-write
It was originally posted at MoveOn.org....what a surprise!
For the record I searched factcheck.org, snopes and truthorfiction.com under this "Dr. Walter E. Williams, George Mason University" before posting...... and none of them had anything about it. Since then only Snopes does, which holds little or no water to me, as the owner of Snopes is a huge Obama supporter and investor and has already been caught altering facts.