• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  2,310
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  iPhone

The fuel sender has quit  - what are these out of for a replacement ? Anyone have an old one or know where to get another 

• Member ID:  203
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

If its for a Gen 4, mine is the Autometer 3262. I plan to replace it with the Centroid sender this summer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,130
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  81
  • Device:  Macintosh

Funco4JM- is the centroid a direct replacement for the Gen4?  Considering the fuel tank was made by Funco and all is still stock?  The website says not good for fuels over 10% ethanol btw.

• Member ID:  203
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  1,027
  • Device:  Windows

2 hours ago, K73 said:

Funco4JM- is the centroid a direct replacement for the Gen4?  Considering the fuel tank was made by Funco and all is still stock?  The website says not good for fuels over 10% ethanol btw.

The Centroid sender comes in different Ohm measurements for different gauge application, you'll need to figure out what your fuel gauge measurement is and order that. The hole opening and bolt pattern is a standard size you select when ordering the sender. My car has Autometer gauges with the Autometer sender, so it is 240-33Ohm unit. The Autometer is a universal float sender, I don't like it because the gauge moves with the angle of the car very rapidly. You can't get an accurate fuel reading unless you are on flat ground (the Centroid won't solve that, it'll just slow down the reading reaction time). The Centroid can be ordered with a small bend if you want it to go to the bottom of the tank, or you can leave it straight. Centroid can cut it to length when you order it, or you can cut it when you get it and recalibrate it. 

I will order a straight one standard length, then bend it so it has a better path to the tank bottom, trim it and re-calibrate it.  I even thought about making a pie cut piece of aluminum tube to remove the angle of the sender, so it is straight up and down. Ill mess with that this summer when I get the car back from Next Level Motorsports. 

Correct on the Ethanol, E10 is the max they can handle. Not an issue for myself as I am on 91. Will be an issue for anyone who wants to run E85.

• Member ID:  1,130
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  81
  • Device:  Macintosh

23 hours ago, Funco4JM said:

The Centroid sender comes in different Ohm measurements for different gauge application, you'll need to figure out what your fuel gauge measurement is and order that. The hole opening and bolt pattern is a standard size you select when ordering the sender. My car has Autometer gauges with the Autometer sender, so it is 240-33Ohm unit. The Autometer is a universal float sender, I don't like it because the gauge moves with the angle of the car very rapidly. You can't get an accurate fuel reading unless you are on flat ground (the Centroid won't solve that, it'll just slow down the reading reaction time). The Centroid can be ordered with a small bend if you want it to go to the bottom of the tank, or you can leave it straight. Centroid can cut it to length when you order it, or you can cut it when you get it and recalibrate it. 

I will order a straight one standard length, then bend it so it has a better path to the tank bottom, trim it and re-calibrate it.  I even thought about making a pie cut piece of aluminum tube to remove the angle of the sender, so it is straight up and down. Ill mess with that this summer when I get the car back from Next Level Motorsports. 

Correct on the Ethanol, E10 is the max they can handle. Not an issue for myself as I am on 91. Will be an issue for anyone who wants to run E85.

Thanks for the info. I can see why this mechanical-less way would be better in an off road situation.