Jump to content

What's your favorite Funco?


URCLEVER

Recommended Posts

  • Site Sponsor

  • Member ID:  41
  • Group:  Site Sponsor
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  2,299
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Reputation:   2,548
  • Achievement Points:  19,369
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  11
  • Joined:  05/02/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  11/10/1876
  • Device:  Windows

Grease Monkeys Last G52 AND his current Hustler Conversion ! @Grease Monkey 

His current car is absolutely Beautiful !

:poule:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  629
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Reputation:   95
  • Achievement Points:  1,261
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  05/07/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Macintosh

1 hour ago, AndyORRN said:
Edited by Coryz71
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  629
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Reputation:   95
  • Achievement Points:  1,261
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  05/07/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Macintosh

1 hour ago, AndyORRN said:

I am ok with that price difference. I will be a hospitalist here shortly and all my other toys are paid for. Do you know the difference between the GTU and the GTX. 

I think the GTX vs GTU difference is the rear width. The GTX is 97-98” wide and has 3” rear bypass shocks.  The GTU is 3-4” wider and has 3.5” rear bypass shocks. I have a GTX and love it, it fits in my stacker trailer without changing rear tires. 

Edited by Coryz71
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  580
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Content Per Day:  1.60
  • Reputation:   1,442
  • Achievement Points:  13,084
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Joined:  05/06/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  03/23/1972
  • Device:  Windows

My favorite is one of dem Funco’s that are $250k+… probably the best slot car on the dunes IMO.

abc

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  286
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Reputation:   225
  • Achievement Points:  1,418
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  05/05/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

15 hours ago, AndyORRN said:

what's the difference between the GTU and the GTX? I was on the fence about getting a SxS but realized that I truly want a sand Rail and see the vids of how they handle, I am sold on a Funco. Time to do some research for what I really want and how I plan to drive it. I am leaning towards a Long Travel, 4-seater pushed by a healthy V8 with a SC and a sequential slushbox, an air ride system, and King 3.5s all 4-corners as I would also like to launch some jumps.

Gtu is a 4 seat wide trailing arm car (102") with paddles on and can except 3.5 shocks. GTX is standard trailing arm (98") with paddles and has 3.0 shocks. there is a different tail section that I believe can go either way as a option at build time. GT series cars are fiberglass body.  G6 cars are alum flat side cars.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  3,330
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Reputation:   34
  • Achievement Points:  339
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  11/11/2023
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

50 minutes ago, funco4lizzle said:

Gtu is a 4 seat wide trailing arm car (102") with paddles on and can except 3.5 shocks. GTX is standard trailing arm (98") with paddles and has 3.0 shocks. there is a different tail section that I believe can go either way as a option at build time. GT series cars are fiberglass body.  G6 cars are alum flat side cars.

Thank you so much for the clarification. I very much appreciate your time in responding with this useful information. I think I am leaning more towards the GTU. I am hoping to receive some correspondence via email from Funco re getting on the list and ordering a car. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  286
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Reputation:   225
  • Achievement Points:  1,418
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  05/05/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

2 hours ago, AndyORRN said:

Thank you so much for the clarification. I very much appreciate your time in responding with this useful information. I think I am leaning more towards the GTU. I am hoping to receive some correspondence via email from Funco re getting on the list and ordering a car. 

Changing tires was a deal breaker for me. I sweet talked Grand into building me a GTF with 3.5's and still 98" wide

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  201
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Reputation:   498
  • Achievement Points:  5,682
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Joined:  05/05/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Android

16 minutes ago, funco4lizzle said:

Changing tires was a deal breaker for me. I sweet talked Grand into building me a GTF with 3.5's and still 98" wide

And it is absolutely beautiful car!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  3,330
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Reputation:   34
  • Achievement Points:  339
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  11/11/2023
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

4 hours ago, funco4lizzle said:

Changing tires was a deal breaker for me. I sweet talked Grand into building me a GTF with 3.5's and still 98" wide

I live up in Oregon and it is a 45min drive to Florence dunes so I will just get a flatbed trailer like the 1022 Aluma trailer that is 100" wide.  I checked your profile to see your Sand Rail but I am not up to speed on locating photo galleries. 

Side note, Grant is such a chill guy. I had a great conversation with him until a Trauma came in and I had to go back to work instead of looking at all the Funco photos I could find. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

  • Member ID:  5
  • Group:  Administrators
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  465
  • Topics Per Day:  0.43
  • Content Count:  1,925
  • Content Per Day:  1.78
  • Reputation:   2,884
  • Achievement Points:  19,891
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  20
  • Joined:  04/29/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  01/21/1972
  • Device:  Android

By far the best one I've owned. This car in on rails.  Pulls harder than all of them and sets you back in the seat as the dunes fly by. 

 

This is a drivers car. Its not meant to be put in third gear and cruise all over.  It will lug around in 3rd but it likes the boost and performs well in the 5500-6500 rpm range with rpm to spare.  Its like my first hustler.  Like being on a banshee and staying on the pipe.  Grab a gear and run it up then bang the next gear and goooooooooo.

 

funco sand.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  3,330
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Reputation:   34
  • Achievement Points:  339
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  11/11/2023
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

2 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

By far the best one I've owned. This car in on rails.  Pulls harder than all of them and sets you back in the seat as the dunes fly by. 

 

This is a drivers car. Its not meant to be put in third gear and cruise all over.  It will lug around in 3rd but it likes the boost and performs well in the 5500-6500 rpm range with rpm to spare.  Its like my first hustler.  Like being on a banshee and staying on the pipe.  Grab a gear and run it up then bang the next gear and goooooooooo.

 

funco sand.jpg

that is one seriously gorgeous car!!! What model is it? Please forgive my newness to all things Funco. It looks to be a 2-seater. 

 

~Andy

Edited by AndyORRN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

  • Member ID:  5
  • Group:  Administrators
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  465
  • Topics Per Day:  0.43
  • Content Count:  1,925
  • Content Per Day:  1.78
  • Reputation:   2,884
  • Achievement Points:  19,891
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  20
  • Joined:  04/29/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  01/21/1972
  • Device:  Android

42 minutes ago, AndyORRN said:

that is one seriously gorgeous car!!! What model is it? Please forgive my newness to all things Funco. It looks to be a 2-seater. 

 

~Andy

Here is the full write up on it.

Started out as a 2007 Funco Hustler.  I've taken it to its current build as a Mini G52 2022/2023 build.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  3,330
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Reputation:   34
  • Achievement Points:  339
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  11/11/2023
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

4 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

Here is the full write up on it.

Started out as a 2007 Funco Hustler.  I've taken it to its current build as a Mini G52 2022/2023 build.

just finished with all 20pgs and it was a fun journey to see what you went through to build that beast. The videos were definitely icing on the cake. Was heartbroken with the blown head gasket but you remedied it quickly. Thank you for the link to this build. 

 

~Andy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

  • Member ID:  5
  • Group:  Administrators
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  465
  • Topics Per Day:  0.43
  • Content Count:  1,925
  • Content Per Day:  1.78
  • Reputation:   2,884
  • Achievement Points:  19,891
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  20
  • Joined:  04/29/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  01/21/1972
  • Device:  Android

29 minutes ago, AndyORRN said:

just finished with all 20pgs and it was a fun journey to see what you went through to build that beast. The videos were definitely icing on the cake. Was heartbroken with the blown head gasket but you remedied it quickly. Thank you for the link to this build. 

 

~Andy

Thanks for following along and welcome to the site. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  435
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Reputation:   164
  • Achievement Points:  1,650
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Joined:  05/06/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  iPhone

FFL. Funco for life. 
 

Grant is a great dude and will treat you like family. He makes it easy to spend your hard earned money. I’ve done it multiple times. 😂 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  1,109
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  897
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Reputation:   1,052
  • Achievement Points:  6,382
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  9
  • Joined:  06/09/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  iPhone

Favorite Funco..?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GTJ of course:

IMG_3249.thumb.jpeg.3bbb4dcdf805a160404580ec8b5f2557.jpeg

IMG_3243.thumb.jpeg.b780e6b8fb7401b4cd90888de6db8832.jpeg

IMG_8666.thumb.jpeg.57b0187880879cbf6016fcb853d6d28d.jpeg

 

-TJ

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  3,330
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Reputation:   34
  • Achievement Points:  339
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  11/11/2023
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

13 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

Favorite Funco..?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GTJ of course:

IMG_3249.thumb.jpeg.3bbb4dcdf805a160404580ec8b5f2557.jpeg

IMG_3243.thumb.jpeg.b780e6b8fb7401b4cd90888de6db8832.jpeg

IMG_8666.thumb.jpeg.57b0187880879cbf6016fcb853d6d28d.jpeg

 

-TJ

GTJ? I haven't heard of that model. Nevertheless, she's a beaut!!!

Edited by AndyORRN
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  1,109
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  897
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Reputation:   1,052
  • Achievement Points:  6,382
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  9
  • Joined:  06/09/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  iPhone

33 minutes ago, AndyORRN said:

GTJ? I haven't heard of that model. Nevertheless, she's a beaut!!!

It's a joke... my name is TJ.  My car is a G52 that has been fully remodeled.  The body is King Adam with paint by @PainterJoe but there isn't another identical car to mine, so it's a GTJ. ;)  Thanks though! 

 

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  3,330
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Reputation:   34
  • Achievement Points:  339
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  11/11/2023
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

1 hour ago, tjZ06 said:

It's a joke... my name is TJ.  My car is a G52 that has been fully remodeled.  The body is King Adam with paint by @PainterJoe but there isn't another identical car to mine, so it's a GTJ. ;)  Thanks though! 

 

-TJ

That makes total sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  1,004
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Reputation:   51
  • Achievement Points:  620
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  05/25/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

My buddy and I revamped his Gen 3. Pretty cool for a old Funco

61099677157__91112F66-5D1A-4A93-B9E5-7857E5DEA128.JPG

857C999C-6574-4304-9AD9-49DEE3B583F4.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  201
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Reputation:   498
  • Achievement Points:  5,682
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Joined:  05/05/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Android

2 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

Favorite Funco..?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GTJ of course:

IMG_3249.thumb.jpeg.3bbb4dcdf805a160404580ec8b5f2557.jpeg

IMG_3243.thumb.jpeg.b780e6b8fb7401b4cd90888de6db8832.jpeg

IMG_8666.thumb.jpeg.57b0187880879cbf6016fcb853d6d28d.jpeg

 

-TJ

bad ass ride!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator

  • Member ID:  30
  • Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  9,994
  • Content Per Day:  9.26
  • Reputation:   6,059
  • Achievement Points:  64,742
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  77
  • Joined:  05/01/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

My Favorite Funco? The one Grant builds ME! Peace

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  73
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  8,803
  • Content Per Day:  8.18
  • Reputation:   4,923
  • Achievement Points:  54,691
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  53
  • Joined:  05/04/2021
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

37 minutes ago, ChEFF said:

My Favorite Funco? The one Grant builds ME! Peace

I can get you a discount on this

image.thumb.png.72375d68d661531ca1bf65f16a16286c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  3,330
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Reputation:   34
  • Achievement Points:  339
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  11/11/2023
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

Odd question, Why do other manufacturers place 2 King Offroad suspension implements at each corner and not Funco?  I see countless combos of coilovers, and bypasses. Yet, none of the other manufacturers can handle similar to a Funco. I've noticed this while perusing many YT vids on sand rails. 

~Andy

Edited by AndyORRN
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Member ID:  3,330
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Reputation:   34
  • Achievement Points:  339
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  11/11/2023
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

3 hours ago, Dynamicdude said:

My buddy and I revamped his Gen 3. Pretty cool for a old Funco

61099677157__91112F66-5D1A-4A93-B9E5-7857E5DEA128.JPG

857C999C-6574-4304-9AD9-49DEE3B583F4.JPG

that came out amazing!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy