• Content Count:  801
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Achievement Points:  5,872
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1968
  • Device:  Windows

On 11/25/2023 at 9:38 AM, Poule43 said:

Because it IS !!!!!! You could complicate a cup of coffee!!! Check out @HozayKwarvo s 5th wheel - It is the ultimate pad if you ask me and knowing you WELL......I know that rig or something just like it would SOLVE your problem FOR SURE and bring you peace of mind back in glamis all while being VERY COMFORTABLE !!!!

TOW VEHICLE - CHECK

ATC 70 -  CHECK

YFZ 450 - Get Balls back from wife and head to the Shop

Can Am - CHECK

Go get the 5th wheel and TODAY and get your azz back to Glamis for a "shake down trip " :smile:

:poule:

BEST MOVIE EVER

• Member ID:  1,109
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  925
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  6,589
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/22/2023 at 6:40 AM, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Going back to an old thread of @tjZ06s. where he had to sell a very nice MH on a 4x4 Ford chassis.....would the Renegade lineup be allowed into "Class A only" parks?

The Moho I had before was a 2020 Thor Magnitude (specifically SV34) on the F550 4x4 platform.  I now have a 2023 Nexus Rebel 30R on the International (aka, GM/Chevy/whatever) 6500 4x4 platform.  

On 11/22/2023 at 6:41 AM, ChEFF said:

It would have to be allowed. RV parks won't keep out MONEY! That Renegade Screams MONEY! Peace

Sorry, I disagree. 

I owned a spot at the Motorcoach Country Club in Indio, and have stayed at several other high-end parks, I've never once seen a Toterhome (or any non-A) in them, and I've never once seen those parks bend their rules *especially* for a renter (vs. an owner).  There is absolutely no wiggle-room in the bylaws of the MCC for a non-A, whereas there *is* wiggle-room for the "10 years old or newer" rule.  Coaches over 10 years old can be approved by the board, and you do see that exception made often for things like Newells and Prevosts.  

I'll try to find some pics, my spot was pretty bitchen with a huge outdoor kitchen, spa, casita, and the whole back was gated in so the dogs could be off-leash. 

-TJ

On 11/21/2023 at 11:42 AM, ChEFF said:

I've owned 2 Newmars; a 2017 Dutch Star 4018 (450/1250 HP/TQ 8.9L ISL) that I bought new, and a 2019 Mountain Aire 4018 (500/1695 11.9L ISX) that I bought about a year old.  Nothing touches the Newmars for interior quality, the way they drive (with their exclusive Comfort Drive) etc. until you get into the $2M+ range of Newells and various Prevosts. 

The King Aire is, or course, the King.  However, like most things you pay the biggest premium at the top-top end.  If you want a 45' Newmar with the big 14.9L 605/1950 HP/TQ ISX then I'd look at London Aires.  You'd be hard-pressed to really pick up on the minor differences, and if you want a little nicer than a LA but still under the KA could go with an Essex (the lineup goes King Aire > Essex > London Aire > Mountain Aire > New Aire in the Luxury line). 

When I got my Dutch Star, which isn't even a Luxury Coach in their book, I was super happy with everything in terms of decor/fit/finish etc.  Yes, it had little problems to work out but I was never left for wanting more build quality or anything "fancier."  I really loved it being a 40' coach with a (passively steered) tag axle, something larger than the typical 6.7s you find in shorter As, and Newmar quality, but it could have used a little more power.  I weighed in one time on the way to Idaho with the coach and my 20' stacker with my Potter and a 2 seat RZR along with tools/spares/camping stuff whatever but I had *not* yet filled up the stacker's fuel/water and IIRC I was around 53k lbs.  450/1250 sounds like a lot for "just" a 40' coach, but not so much when the coach itself was over 40k lbs. 

I sold the DS because I thought I could go back to a 5th wheel, that lasted less than a year I think?  Then I went to that Magnitude I mentioned, and I really did like it but the interior quality and fit/finish are "toy hauler quality" not anything like the Newmars (same is true for my current Nexus, it's maybe even a hair worse than the Thor was, but better in other areas like the chassis itself and metal "house" construction).  When I decided to buy at the Motorcoach Country Club I "needed" a Class A again. 

I always loved the size and floorplan of my DS, and form 2018+ Newmar started offering that exact floorplan on a Mountain Aire.  With the DS you get a Freightliner or a Spartan K2 chassis (mine DS was on the FL).  With the MA you get the full-on Spartan K3 that everything up to and including the King Aire uses.  You also get the "small" 11.9L ISX at 500/1695, and you get the Allison 4000 (the DS was the 3000).  The MA gets you into Silverleaf and a bunch of other cool stuff too, and only weighed a little bit more (1-2k lbs IIRC) than the DS in the same floorplan, so the power difference *was* noticeable.  

Anyway, not saying I wouldn't rock a KA... and as weird as it sounds they are sort of a bargain compared to spending $2-3M on a Newell (though, Newells are next-next level... Newell had 2 new units on display every year at MCC and wow, when you walk them you "get it"), but if you're serious about Newmars I'd check out some of the "lower" models. 

-TJ

• Forum Moderator

• Member ID:  30
  • Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  10,325
  • Content Per Day:  9.46
  • Achievement Points:  66,602
  • Days Won:  81

49 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

I've owned 2 Newmars; a 2017 Dutch Star 4018 (450/1250 HP/TQ 8.9L ISL) that I bought new, and a 2019 Mountain Aire 4018 (500/1695 11.9L ISX) that I bought about a year old.  Nothing touches the Newmars for interior quality, the way they drive (with their exclusive Comfort Drive) etc. until you get into the $2M+ range of Newells and various Prevosts. 

The King Aire is, or course, the King.  However, like most things you pay the biggest premium at the top-top end.  If you want a 45' Newmar with the big 14.9L 605/1950 HP/TQ ISX then I'd look at London Aires.  You'd be hard-pressed to really pick up on the minor differences, and if you want a little nicer than a LA but still under the KA could go with an Essex (the lineup goes King Aire > Essex > London Aire > Mountain Aire > New Aire in the Luxury line). 

When I got my Dutch Star, which isn't even a Luxury Coach in their book, I was super happy with everything in terms of decor/fit/finish etc.  Yes, it had little problems to work out but I was never left for wanting more build quality or anything "fancier."  I really loved it being a 40' coach with a (passively steered) tag axle, something larger than the typical 6.7s you find in shorter As, and Newmar quality, but it could have used a little more power.  I weighed in one time on the way to Idaho with the coach and my 20' stacker with my Potter and a 2 seat RZR along with tools/spares/camping stuff whatever but I had *not* yet filled up the stacker's fuel/water and IIRC I was around 53k lbs.  450/1250 sounds like a lot for "just" a 40' coach, but not so much when the coach itself was over 40k lbs. 

I sold the DS because I thought I could go back to a 5th wheel, that lasted less than a year I think?  Then I went to that Magnitude I mentioned, and I really did like it but the interior quality and fit/finish are "toy hauler quality" not anything like the Newmars (same is true for my current Nexus, it's maybe even a hair worse than the Thor was, but better in other areas like the chassis itself and metal "house" construction).  When I decided to buy at the Motorcoach Country Club I "needed" a Class A again. 

I always loved the size and floorplan of my DS, and form 2018+ Newmar started offering that exact floorplan on a Mountain Aire.  With the DS you get a Freightliner or a Spartan K2 chassis (mine DS was on the FL).  With the MA you get the full-on Spartan K3 that everything up to and including the King Aire uses.  You also get the "small" 11.9L ISX at 500/1695, and you get the Allison 4000 (the DS was the 3000).  The MA gets you into Silverleaf and a bunch of other cool stuff too, and only weighed a little bit more (1-2k lbs IIRC) than the DS in the same floorplan, so the power difference *was* noticeable.  

Anyway, not saying I wouldn't rock a KA... and as weird as it sounds they are sort of a bargain compared to spending $2-3M on a Newell (though, Newells are next-next level... Newell had 2 new units on display every year at MCC and wow, when you walk them you "get it"), but if you're serious about Newmars I'd check out some of the "lower" models. 

-TJ

Great Info TJ. I've yet to see the London Aire's in person. Although they have caught my eye. So the 5th wheel experience was NOT a good experience I take it? I have looked at a Newell and they are extremely NICE. Have yet to drive a 600hp rig, but know it's going to be good. I've always liked the Essex and King Aire. They seem like the same Coach. And you're right, the interior finish is that good. Appreciate the feedback. Peace 

• Board Moderator

• Member ID:  31
  • Group:  Board Moderator
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4,099
  • Content Per Day:  3.76
  • Achievement Points:  27,050
  • Days Won:  16
  • Device:  iPhone

You have spent some time in a Newmar. So you do know the fit and finish.  Even on the entry level Ventana.  

32 minutes ago, ChEFF said:

Great Info TJ. I've yet to see the London Aire's in person. Although they have caught my eye. So the 5th wheel experience was NOT a good experience I take it? I have looked at a Newell and they are extremely NICE. Have yet to drive a 600hp rig, but know it's going to be good. I've always liked the Essex and King Aire. They seem like the same Coach. And you're right, the interior finish is that good. Appreciate the feedback. Peace 

I do a lot with my RVs other than Glamis, and that's where the 5'er experience really falls down for me.  Of course, I've moved to smaller RVs at this point (current is 30' 11" tip to tip) so it's just much more pleasant to get into smaller parks for non-toy trips.  Heck, even a 45' pusher itself is shorter than just about any truck + 5'er setup.  But there's other things like towing something that doesn't fit *in* your Toy Hauler that come to mind.  Also bathroom/food while still rolling.  I always had open floorplan Toy Haulers, so another big thing with an RV + trailer was the separation and the ability to be all packed up other than just hitting a few buttons and driving away the day before you go home (vs. spending all morning reconfiguring from "living" to "road" mode in a 5'er and stuffing the toys and all your camping stuff into it).  When it comes to the Newmars, the quality was just on a whole other level, but like I said I'd say the interior of my Nexus is "toy hauler quality" so no big improvement there.  I've found RVs are better insulated, and are generally less volume to heat/cool than cavernous toy haulers too (and my Mountain Aire had heated floors, which rules when you're on hookups ;) ).  

As for the 600, I've driven them and honestly they don't feel "fast"... but it all depends on what the rig is.  They just feel effortless,   A lot of friends assumed my 40' Dutch Star with the 450hp would be "fast."  But at 40k lbs it out-weighed most of their 45' coaches.  My current RV is "just" a D'max and Allison 1750, but it only weighs about 18k lbs... with my loaded trailer behind it I scaled at 29k combined... still like 13-14k lbs *less* than my Dutch Star and stacker combo... 

-TJ

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator

1 hour ago, tjZ06 said:

I do a lot with my RVs other than Glamis, and that's where the 5'er experience really falls down for me.  Of course, I've moved to smaller RVs at this point (current is 30' 11" tip to tip) so it's just much more pleasant to get into smaller parks for non-toy trips.  Heck, even a 45' pusher itself is shorter than just about any truck + 5'er setup.  But there's other things like towing something that doesn't fit *in* your Toy Hauler that come to mind.  Also bathroom/food while still rolling.  I always had open floorplan Toy Haulers, so another big thing with an RV + trailer was the separation and the ability to be all packed up other than just hitting a few buttons and driving away the day before you go home (vs. spending all morning reconfiguring from "living" to "road" mode in a 5'er and stuffing the toys and all your camping stuff into it).  When it comes to the Newmars, the quality was just on a whole other level, but like I said I'd say the interior of my Nexus is "toy hauler quality" so no big improvement there.  I've found RVs are better insulated, and are generally less volume to heat/cool than cavernous toy haulers too (and my Mountain Aire had heated floors, which rules when you're on hookups ;) ).  

As for the 600, I've driven them and honestly they don't feel "fast"... but it all depends on what the rig is.  They just feel effortless,   A lot of friends assumed my 40' Dutch Star with the 450hp would be "fast."  But at 40k lbs it out-weighed most of their 45' coaches.  My current RV is "just" a D'max and Allison 1750, but it only weighs about 18k lbs... with my loaded trailer behind it I scaled at 29k combined... still like 13-14k lbs *less* than my Dutch Star and stacker combo... 

-TJ

My buddy has the 600HP Cornerstone and he says 65-75mph is the "Sweet Spot" for that engine. Fast was never my thought. Smooth & Strong if you will. I like the word you use......Effortless. Plus, our drive to Glamis is a lot farther than most. And, we've always liked the idea of food / bed / TV / toilet / couch / naps / anything we need is right there. Just pull over and you're home. I like the idea of heated floors. I've heard they're the bomb. We're mostly Dry Campers tho. MX Nationals / SX Races / Glamis. I'm sure we'd learn the RV Camp Style if / when we purchase our next rig. The wife loves the idea of traveling across the country at a smooth rate of speed. Pull over whenever we want to pull over. That's her favorite part of the trip. Maybe I need to Rip the Dunes better for her to change her favorite part of the trip. (HA) My favorite part is Ripping Dunes! As @ROBERT L says, with my money, hire a driver. Thats the problem, my money hires the guy under the bridge. Peace 

• Member ID:  197
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  2,749
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Android

I hate to admit that I don't like the range in most of the newer high end coaches.  Two electric burners is painful IMO.....

• Member ID:  161
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  5,554
  • Device:  Macintosh

1 hour ago, 1newbie said:

I hate to admit that I don't like the range in most of the newer high end coaches.  Two electric burners is painful IMO.....

High end stuff are induction, not "old school" electric.  My DS and MA both had induction cooktops, and they're actually really awesome.

-TJ

• Member ID:  96
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  1,265

On 11/26/2023 at 8:19 AM, richard h said:

Quite a rig! Not sure how excited I would be to take something that nice out to the dunes and fill with dust and sand.

This is my simple. When the weekend is over cleaning takes no more than 20 minuets.

IMG_2079.JPG

Would go to this set up in a minute if the boss would let me. She likes the ability to use the bathroom as needed, I like the fact that I don't have to stop for a potty break, and she can make me a sammich whenever I want one LOL

• Member ID:  185
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  12,116
  • Birthday:  08/08/1953

2 minutes ago, 1tonfun said:

Would go to this set up in a minute if the boss would let me. She likes the ability to use the bathroom as needed, I like the fact that I don't have to stop for a potty break, and she can make me a sammich whenever I want one LOL

We just combine the stops. Also find nice to get out and stretch and walk a little on long days. First camper we got was because I refused to tow our 5th wheel to Alaska. We bought a used unit and went there. We had both and seemed we always just went with the camper after that, and 5th wheel just sat here at home. Decided after a few years to buy the camper that met all our needs and get rid of the 5th wheel. One nice thing also is insurance is inexpensive and there is no license fees. We have spent up to 3 months at a time in travels in the camper. 

• Forum Moderator

11 hours ago, richard h said:

We just combine the stops. Also find nice to get out and stretch and walk a little on long days. First camper we got was because I refused to tow our 5th wheel to Alaska. We bought a used unit and went there. We had both and seemed we always just went with the camper after that, and 5th wheel just sat here at home. Decided after a few years to buy the camper that met all our needs and get rid of the 5th wheel. One nice thing also is insurance is inexpensive and there is no license fees. We have spent up to 3 months at a time in travels in the camper. 

I like the insurance and License Fee's on your set up. Can't imagine what insurance is running on a 45' King Aire. That will suck ba**s. 3 mos traveling is great. I'm looking forward to that time of life. We like to get out and stretch the legs too. Every 3 -4 hours get out and move around. Peace

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

OH NO! This came up for sale in Plano TX. With Stacker Trailer. Peace

Moho Stacker For Sale 12-6-23.jpg

• Board Moderator

• Member ID:  31
  • Group:  Board Moderator
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4,099
  • Content Per Day:  3.76
  • Achievement Points:  27,050
  • Days Won:  16
  • Device:  iPhone

Get it stop effing around. It’s almost Christmas and you need something for New Year’s for Glamis. 

• Like 1

Man you are all over the place; Big high end pushers, 5er's, truck campers and everything in between. Your going to drive yourself crazy and end up making an impulse buy on something and regretting it later likely. You really need to make a list of your wants and needs, set yourself a budget of what your willing to spend to to fill those wants and needs and then shop for something in that range and category only. Once you decide the class/type of rig your targeting, quit looking at everything under the sun. Your going to walk onto a dealer lot and become a salesman's wet dream! :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

• Like 2

• Forum Moderator

2 minutes ago, Dockmaster said:

Your going to drive yourself crazy 

@Dockmaster You hit it on the nail. I am driving myself crazy! Need to DELETE all my friends phone numbers. They're really good at spending my money. good points DM. Peace

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChEFF said:

@Dockmaster You hit it on the nail. I am driving myself crazy! Need to DELETE all my friends phone numbers. They're really good at spending my money. good points DM. Peace

I can relate as I use to have the same problem. I don't delete my friend's #'s but I don't always tell them when I'm considering a purchase like this unless I think one of them has really good input. Most people cannot separate there own wants and desires and give you advice on what they think is best for you. I've never met you so can only call you a forum friend but I did it to you to. Earlier in this thread I recommended a Renegade to you because that's what I own and like. I know nothing of what YOU need other than you mentioned towing. 

Best of luck in your search and whatever you decide to purchase!

• Like 2

• Forum Moderator

• Member ID:  7
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  2,630
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Achievement Points:  19,989
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/09/1971

This is IT.... I said that at 4am this morning.

• Forum Moderator

1 hour ago, ROBERT L said:

Get it stop effing around. It’s almost Christmas and you need something for New Year’s for Glamis. 

Robert is a smart man..Call it an early xmas/birthday present

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Moderator

32 minutes ago, Dockmaster said:

I can relate as I use to have the same problem. I don't delete my friend's #'s but I don't always tell them when I'm considering a purchase like this unless I think one of them has really good input. Most people cannot separate there own wants and desires and give you advice on what they think is best for you. I've never met you so can only call you a forum friend but I did it to you to. Earlier in this thread I recommended a Renegade to you because that's what I own and like. I know nothing of what YOU need other than you mentioned towing. 

Best of luck in your search and whatever you decide to purchase!

Appreciate your input. I like the Renegades too. It has a lot of qualities / positives. The aluminum stacker trailer I wasn't looking for but, for the package deal, might be the way to go. We're going to look at it today. 2:30 TX Time. Peace

• Member ID:  485
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Achievement Points:  3,856
  • Device:  Android

If you really want to make it easy on yourself then just go down to your bank and withdraw the $600k, $800k or whatever amount you think you might spend, put it in a paper sack and I'll wait outside the bank for you. You hand me your sack of money, I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll part ways.

Peas

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator

Get the step ladder so I can look through the windows

• Member ID:  195
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  3,298

12 minutes ago, ChEFF said:

Appreciate your input. I like the Renegades too. It has a lot of qualities / positives. The aluminum stacker trailer I wasn't looking for but, for the package deal, might be the way to go. We're going to look at it today. 2:30 TX Time. Peace

Make sure the stacker works for a can-am / Funco combo :drinkup: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChEFF said:

Look at that Stacker closely. Most standard stackers don't have wide enough rear doors to get toys through with paddles on them. You don't want to have to change tires every time you want to pull in. And without a belly lift you may not fit what you want in there height wise unless you are just putting quads on the top.