Jump to content

The start of my Hustler clone conversion


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

That is coming along very nicely, looking good, thanks for the progress update,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excited to see the process. Loved this car when listed for sale. Guna be bad AF when done. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator

Very Nice!!!! I hope it heads to powder soon the season is coming QUICK

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Board Moderator

Decided to let this out.

 

Heres the color theme.

Shocks came in. Im getting fitted in the car tomorrow.  Picking up the new AEM dash and switch pro thanks to Justin hooking me up.

Ill get some car photos tomorrow to post up.

 

Granted below is a 4 seat with a v8, its the rendering that I like and will work well with my modifications.

getPart.jpg

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can’t go wrong with funco, absolute best at what they do! That is going to be one bad ass dune machine! It’s awesome that you are keeping the Subi in it! That makes those cars feel alive! Even with a naturally aspirated one! Can’t wait to see the finished product! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sandymomo425 said:

You can’t go wrong with funco, absolute best at what they do! That is going to be one bad ass dune machine! It’s awesome that you are keeping the Subi in it! That makes those cars feel alive! Even with a naturally aspirated one! Can’t wait to see the finished product! 

Funco isn't doing the work. Arrive & Drive prep. Trey is doing some very nice work.

@Grease Monkey did you get your seats?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator
34 minutes ago, matt86m said:

Funco isn't doing the work. Arrive & Drive prep. Trey is doing some very nice work.

@Grease Monkey did you get your seats?

No on the seats. Still waiting...............

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not trying to hijack your thread, but would love some info on your AEM dash programming when you get there. I'm still trying to sort out the programming and alarm light settings on mine from previous owner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

Decided to let this out.

 

Heres the color theme.

Shocks came in. Im getting fitted in the car tomorrow.  Picking up the new AEM dash and switch pro thanks to Justin hooking me up.

Ill get some car photos tomorrow to post up.

 

Granted below is a 4 seat with a v8, its the rendering that I like and will work well with my modifications.

getPart.jpg

That’s about as bad ass as they come. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator
2 hours ago, Dockmaster said:

Not trying to hijack your thread, but would love some info on your AEM dash programming when you get there. I'm still trying to sort out the programming and alarm light settings on mine from previous owner. 

I look forward to messing with mine. When I get there I will start a thread on it.  If you haven't yet, I would update the software and see if it open up those options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2021 at 1:28 PM, Grease Monkey said:

Decided to let this out.

 

Heres the color theme.

Shocks came in. Im getting fitted in the car tomorrow.  Picking up the new AEM dash and switch pro thanks to Justin hooking me up.

Ill get some car photos tomorrow to post up.

 

Granted below is a 4 seat with a v8, its the rendering that I like and will work well with my modifications.

getPart.jpg

Purdy!

:bag:

:dbart:

Can't wait to see this done.

Congrats.  :cheers:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator

Got some seat time tonight. Hehe. Not really but really.  Trey put the seat mounts down low as I asked so this time I could really get in and check my fitment. 

Really happy with seat location, steering wheel angle and distance. Brake and clutch pedal position. Dash view as well as seeing over the dash. 

Little changes but big results for me. 

I'm having a floor put in over the frame tubes. Can't recall another gen 4 conversion that went that distance. This allowed me to use the new Tilton brake and clutch pedals as well as cleaning it up in there. No more tubes to kick around.

 

Lowering the seats took care of the raise in floor level and pedal reach. 

Nothing is hanging below the belly pan.

Another big deal is my overhead distance to the roof.  I can now wear a helmet (on those special occasions) without it touching the roof.

 

 

 

 

IMG_20210908_202643.jpg

IMG_20210908_202645.jpg

PXL_20210909_023625134.jpg

PXL_20210909_023619276.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking good from the pics looks like might be provisions for a door on drivers side just curious. This is going to be bad a$$ It is my pick for the favorite Funco thread

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy